The Student Room Group

A-Level Exams are 3 months away, how are you feeling?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Daniel9998
If someone wants to follow a path it dosent matter how suited or capable they are, if its what they want then thats the path they should follow, anxiety means nothing, it can be overcome.

Of course it matters how suitable and capable. That is what you'll learn throughout life. For many it can't be overcome and what you typed about anxiety is what a psychologist would term drivel, and dangerous drivel at that.
Original post by kc_chiefs
Of course it matters how suitable and capable. That is what you'll learn throughout life. For many it can't be overcome and what you typed about anxiety is what a psychologist would term drivel, and dangerous drivel at that.

Yes ok for some it cant be overcome, but thats clearly just not the case here?
Anxiety can be overcome..dont have to be a psychologist to know that
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm not really sure how I feel.

I'm pretty much dreading every exam, even ones I should be confident with like my German History exam or C1. I'm still clinging on to the dream of AAAB minimum, and even though I'm working really hard I don't feel like it's going to happen.
defo going to fail
lesson learned though
Original post by kc_chiefs

Original post by Daniel9998
Yes ok for some it cant be overcome, but thats clearly just not the case here?
Anxiety can be overcome..

Before this thread is derailed.

We can all agree that, not everyone is born equal. Some will be more more academically gifted and will perform well in any academic pursuits.

That said, we can also agree that everyone should have the opportunity to study and attempt to pursue academic excellence. Even if they may be less talented. If their hard work pays off and they succeed, great. If not, then the outcome will let them now.
Right now like this...

But I want to walk out the exam hall like this....

With everyone's hard work and determination! You can do it! :biggrin:

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sierra Beckx
Is that long enough to revise?

Original post by bisolarsystem
I'm actually sh*tting it!!! My leaving cert (equivalent of A-Levels in Ireland) is in three months too and i haven't really done anything! We recently just did the mocks and tbh i don't think they went well :frown: I'm hoping three months is enough for some real study bc I really want to go to my top uni.

It's enough time, don't worry! Work your socks off from now until exam time, you will be fine! :h:
Original post by GeologyMaths
4 months. Not sure how you'll pass if you cannot count

Some exams are in May...
I only really have to revise for one AS subject as my other two are examined through the whole year. I currently have a practical exam approaching in March (drama). And my other subject is graphics so that is sketch book work. The only one I need to worry about is AS maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by bisolarsystem
i tried, but i have really bad concentration. i would literally write so many notes and ripped them (bc i'm a perfectionist) and i'd also try and read over them but just end up staring at the sheet :/

I used to have this EXACT problem too last year! but I somehow don't anymore, you should do as many past papers as possible, thoroughly check the examiner reports and markscheme to guide your answer and keep doing this process
Original post by EastGuava
Some exams are in May...

A2 exams are in June
Original post by High Stakes
More than enough. If someone seriously studied from now until their exams they can expect high A's to A*'s.

I'm using what you said as motivation! :biggrin:
I am f*****.......BUT I WILL DO MY BEST
Everyone who's panicking is in a better situation than me..

I am on a placement year and decided it would be 'fun' to take A-level Chemistry in one year, and when I say one year I mean in about 3 months. Although it is only one A-level, I haven't even finished learning AS yet and I am still working on my report with 10% of my whole degree.

So no real need to panic!
Will i still be able to achieve top grades ( as in A/B) if i start revising now..?
Original post by GeologyMaths
A2 exams are in June

Well it turns out that the OP is an AS student
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
It's enough time, don't worry! Work your socks off from now until exam time, you will be fine! :h:

Will do! :tongue:
Reply 38
I've been struggling with extreme exam stress and anxiety recently, which was set off by my mock exams. I've suffered with anxiety before but not since I was 13 but haven't been on benzos since I was about 16, I'm now 18 and this is the first time it's resurfaced. I've tried exercise, meditation, doing more revision, time tabling my revision, going to extra lessons, everything to try and make myself stop stressing. It's got to the point now that when I sit down and look at revision I can't process my thoughts and get extremely anxious, I cannot sleep properly either when I've got deadlines/mock exams although recently I've managed to get that under control although the anxiety is still there- it's not just affecting my work it's affecting my friendships and relationships too now. I've got to the point where I want to ask the doctor for some help although I want to try natural supplements but ones that will actually work. Does anyone know any that will not make my thinking capability cloudy? I need something to calm me without making me drowsy etc. Thank you.

Quick Reply