The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kensaylo1
I got Van Mildert, did anyone else get a college they didn't want?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got van mildert too but I actually applied to Josephine Butler :/ I think VM must have been undersubscribed. There is a thread for van mildert people if you search it
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Let's face it...us durham people are all bitter oxbridge rejects!
A*AA for NatSci (Maths and Physics)... do I firm KCL or Durham? What's Durham's international reputation like?
Allocated to St Aidan's. Offer of A*AA for maths. :smile:
Reply 624
Original post by Thetankman
I'm pretty much the same haha! I really dunno mate, both are good unis. Where else have you applied to?

As well as Durham and UCL, also have offers from Nottingham and Manchester. Natural sciences at all except Manchester (biochemistry). Not too keen on a single science or staying at home (Manchester) and though Nottingham isn't bad and gave me an unconditional offer if I make them firm, but Durham and UCL seem to be better academically.

Durham seems better on student experience, UK ranking, and cost, despite the discussions here, it is a bargain compared to London! But UCL is better in a global sense and in terms of research and job opportunities, but the accommodation was poor and not value for money.

You can also add me to the growing list of 'bitter' Oxford rejects! (Biochemistry!).

Posted from TSR Mobile
allocated to st aidans for combined honours in social sciences, 38 with HL 666 in the IB Diploma :smile:
Reply 626
Original post by IsaacMed17
Allocated to St Aidan's. Offer of A*AA for maths. :smile:

St. Aidan's here as well :smile: is it the college you applied to?
Allocated Hatfield for Law! :smile:
Original post by RobbieSavage606
Let's face it...us durham people are all bitter oxbridge rejects!

I didn't apply for either....... o.O
John Snow college anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 630
Original post by Scoutfinch
Allocated Hatfield for Law! :smile:

me too! you gonna go to the visit days?
Reply 631
Original post by alexjacobs
Hi, got my place at Hatfield yesterday, are most people thinking of staying on a residential basis for the post-offer visit day or not?

I got Hatfield too! I'm staying on the monday night to the tuesday
I applied to read History on the first week of October but haven't heard anything back yet - anyone else in the same position?
Original post by iamfox
me too! you gonna go to the visit days?

Yeah I think I'm gonna stay over on the Monday night! What about you?
Original post by bj1
As well as Durham and UCL, also have offers from Nottingham and Manchester. Natural sciences at all except Manchester (biochemistry). Not too keen on a single science or staying at home (Manchester) and though Nottingham isn't bad and gave me an unconditional offer if I make them firm, but Durham and UCL seem to be better academically.

Durham seems better on student experience, UK ranking, and cost, despite the discussions here, it is a bargain compared to London! But UCL is better in a global sense and in terms of research and job opportunities, but the accommodation was poor and not value for money.

You can also add me to the growing list of 'bitter' Oxford rejects! (Biochemistry!).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha true! Do you think you will reapply to Oxford nest year?
Reply 635
Original post by Thetankman
Haha true! Do you think you will reapply to Oxford nest year?

Definitely not!

In fact I just received my 'feedback' off them yesterday and it was useless! No indication of where I could've improved, just statistics!

I could always apply for Masters later though, and could also apply to Cambridge for that. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by phoebe_cottam
Posted from TSR Mobile

I got van mildert too but I actually applied to Josephine Butler :/ I think VM must have been undersubscribed. There is a thread for van mildert people if you search it

I actually applied for Josephine butler too! I'm most likely not going to choose Durham as my one of my options now though, I really didn't want a catered college
Reply 637
Original post by Scoutfinch
Yeah I think I'm gonna stay over on the Monday night! What about you?

Yeah me too, at least we won't be alone then!
Original post by kensaylo1
I actually applied for Josephine butler too! I'm most likely not going to choose Durham as my one of my options now though, I really didn't want a catered college

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a shame, what other offers do you have?
Original post by iamfox
Yeah me too, at least we won't be alone then!

Hahaha! Yeah phew:')

Quick Reply

Latest