The Student Room Group

Iceland

So my friend and I are looking into booking a 10-14 day break to Iceland at the end of July as we'd rather more of an 'adventure' holiday than one to the likes of Ibiza. As neither of us have been before and and aren't the most organized of people does anyone know of any must-dos whilst over there? I've been told the Blue Lagoon is fab but communal showers kind of scare me :confused:
Reply 1
ICELAND ....how nice!
It's bloody amazing, worth every penny.

They don't care about nudity over there so don't worry about the communal showers in the blue lagoon.

Reykjavik is beautiful and has a lot to do.

Make sure you visit some of the waterfall as they are amazing and like no other. Get a trip to the geyser park too. The glaciers are also very impressive.
Reply 3
Original post by TeeEm
ICELAND ....how nice!

I know! Planning it feels so surreal considering I've wanted to go for years:bigsmile:
Legitimately thought you was talking about the shop :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by bottlemen
I know! Planning it feels so surreal considering I've wanted to go for years:bigsmile:

lucky you ...
make sure you sit in a hot water hole with snow and ice around you
Reply 6
Original post by Strawberry68
It's bloody amazing, worth every penny.

They don't care about nudity over there so don't worry about the communal showers in the blue lagoon.

Reykjavik is beautiful and has a lot to do.

Make sure you visit some of the waterfall as they are amazing and like no other. Get a trip to the geyser park too. The glaciers are also very impressive.

That's a relief! I'll just have to power through the showers :colondollar: Reykjavik seems so lovely and the hotel we're looking at is right in the center but apparently restaurant prices etc are through the roof which isn't great for a student haha. I'll definitely make time to explore the geography of it though, might help to set me up a little bit more for uni!
Reply 7
Definitely go to the Blue Lagoon, it's fantastic. Also, make sure to visit the geological sites of interest, which I'm sure you have in mind. So as well as Reykjavik city, go to the Gullfoss waterfall, see the geysers, and there's a tourist place where you can walk through the middle of the Mid-Atlantic ridge! There's also boats that go to 'Puffin Island' which was very cool :smile:

Never seen so many puffins gathered.
Reply 8
Original post by blackdiamond97
Legitimately thought you was talking about the shop :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha wow:clap2:Sorry for the confusion, if I ever need help around the shop I know who to call though:lol:
Reply 9
Original post by bottlemen
That's a relief! I'll just have to power through the showers :colondollar: Reykjavik seems so lovely and the hotel we're looking at is right in the center but apparently restaurant prices etc are through the roof which isn't great for a student haha. I'll definitely make time to explore the geography of it though, might help to set me up a little bit more for uni!

Apparently you have private showers, so you can avoid taking yours with hot Icelandic girls.

On a serious note, I'd wait to see how the Pound is going, or pay in advance now.
iceland? why not poundland? I know a guy who lives there (well, outside it)

Quick Reply

Latest