The Student Room Group

Core 2 question on Radians

Can someone translate for me what this question is asking, I just cant get my head aroud it :frown:
The question is in attachments and the cut off circle is for the next question.
Reply 1
which bit confuses you?
Original post by Paper_souls
Can someone translate for me what this question is asking, I just cant get my head aroud it :frown:
The question is in attachments and the cut off circle is for the next question.

A chord runs from circumference to circumference, as I'm sure you know. The bit of area between the chord and the circumference is called a segment. Again I'm sure you know. It's saying that that bit is 1/4 of the total area of the circle.

Imagine drawing a radius from each end of the chord. You need to find the angle between the radii, in radians, not degrees.

I think.
Reply 3
Original post by TeeEm
which bit confuses you?

The "Subtends an angle of theta" bit
Reply 4
Original post by Paper_souls
The "Subtends an angle of theta" bit

forms an angle
Reply 5
I'm going to have to kindly request that if you post your problem on another thread, it's a little selfish of you to make a new thread for it, because you might make two different people answer you, which is a waste of effort on their part. Try sticking to either posting it in the existing thread or only creating a new thread - you could put a link from the existing thread to the new one, if you'd like. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Zacken
I'm going to have to kindly request that if you post your problem on another thread, it's a little selfish of you to make a new thread for it, because you might make two different people answer you, which is a waste of effort on their part. Try sticking to either posting it in the existing thread or only creating a new thread - you could put a link from the existing thread to the new one, if you'd like. :smile:

Sorry! I'm still getting used to it and thought I only had one and made a mess because I saw the existing post and thought it was a better idea to put it there rather than clutter up the rest ect. It wont happen again and thank you for the tip!

Quick Reply

Latest