The Student Room Group

Help!! I have a severe cold!!!

I have a really bad cold and its preventing me from doing any proper revision. What are the quickest ways to cure it? Would a hot shower help?
Original post by DeadEnd_96
I have a really bad cold and its preventing me from doing any proper revision. What are the quickest ways to cure it? Would a hot shower help?

Bedrest

lemon & honey
Reply 3
Original post by Shiv is Light
Bedrest

I have been sleeping for the past 3 days and nothing has changed. :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by TheYearNiner
lemon & honey

lemon and honey tea?
I have been sleeping for the past 3 days and nothing has changed. :frown:

lol go doctors then? Colds take like a week to go anyway
Lemsip/day nurse
lemon and honey tea?

Yeah that will work fine

Plenty of sleep is the best. For short term remedies nurofen/ pain killers clear your head a bit. If you have a stuffy nose try sudafed (unblocks your nose, is a spray kind of thing) or vaporub(menthol rub you can either rub on your chest or melt in hot water to breathe it in). A hot shower might clear your head a little. You could also try dosing up on vitamin C
Reply 9
lol go doctors then? Colds take like a week to go anyway

Damn it! I have pretty much wasted my half term holiday trying to recover from some stupid cold. :angry:
Reply 10

Masturbate (seriously).
Damn it! I have pretty much wasted my half term holiday trying to recover from some stupid cold. :angry:

It's not a big deal, just take this time to chill out and then you can revise hardcore after. Plus you can always watch youtube videos to revise in bed, I would say just relax and take a break, the reduced stress will probably be better for the long term. I haven't been revising as much as i should have lol
Original post by ombtom
Masturbate (seriously).

come on how would that cure a cold? :five:
Original post by ombtom
Masturbate (seriously).

That was the first thing I did to try and cure my cold. :sexface: Unfortunately, it only made it worse. :frown:
Reply 14
Otrivin & lemsip is keeping me going :P mainly the otrivin.
Bedrest

Original post by TheYearNiner
lemon & honey

Original post by goldenshades
Lemsip/day nurse

Original post by Paper_souls
Plenty of sleep is the best. For short term remedies nurofen/ pain killers clear your head a bit. If you have a stuffy nose try sudafed (unblocks your nose, is a spray kind of thing) or vaporub(menthol rub you can either rub on your chest or melt in hot water to breathe it in). A hot shower might clear your head a little. You could also try dosing up on vitamin C

Original post by ombtom
Masturbate (seriously).

Thanks for your suggestions guys, I appreciate it! :thumbsup:
Reply 16
come on how would that cure a cold? :five:

It wouldn't cure it, but it can help with the symptoms. Google it. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest