Durham
Visit website

Van Mildert College Thread 2016

fgh
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey :smile:
I will be the first one to reply. Waiting for the others.
Got my offer from VM today. Will be studying law

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
htrhrt
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Welcome too :biggrin:
What are you studying at Durham and are you firming it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
rthrth
(edited 8 years ago)
lol I got my email yesterday, didn't realise it was a batch done process :smile:
Reply 6
I am definitely firming it as Durham has one of the strongest law schools in the country!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been allocated to Van Mildert :smile: studying law. I haven't visited VM (actually applied to Josephine Butler), can anyone tell me what its like? Had a look on the website but it didn't have many pictures of the inside, kind of wanted to know what the bathroom facilities are like seeing as its highly unlikely i'll get ensuite.
Reply 8
Original post by phoebe_cottam
I've been allocated to Van Mildert :smile: studying law. I haven't visited VM (actually applied to Josephine Butler), can anyone tell me what its like? Had a look on the website but it didn't have many pictures of the inside, kind of wanted to know what the bathroom facilities are like seeing as its highly unlikely i'll get ensuite.

Finally someone at Mildert studying law!!!
Are you firming it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bobkata
Finally someone at Mildert studying law!!!
Are you firming it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep :smile: are you?
Reply 10
rthrthrt
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11
Should I make a facebook group?
Reply 12
Firming it 100%!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
rthrthrt
(edited 8 years ago)
Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice! Fingers crossed I'll see you there!
Original post by swissinuk
I'm having a tour of it tomorrow actually...I can let you know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brill! Thank you :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by phoebe_cottam
Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice! Fingers crossed I'll see you there!

Do you actually know if the law faculty is close to VM college? On google maps it says 11 mins on foot but I am not quite sure about that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
rhtrhrt
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 18
So envious there are so many of you on here heading to Van Mildert. Last year there was hardly anybody on TSR that had a place there! Anyway, I'm currently a fresher at VM and if you guys have any questions about the best college in Durham feel free to ask them. Sorry about no photos on the website, it's had a brand new sparkling revamp and they're still sorting out all the kinks.
Reply 19
Original post by Bobkata
Do you actually know if the law faculty is close to VM college? On google maps it says 11 mins on foot but I am not quite sure about that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The whole science site is at the most 10 minutes from Van Mildert (I've made it in 7 minutes uphill in the evenings when the road is deserted). The only factor that will influence your time getting there is the PEOPLE. Oh my god, the people. South Road (the hill leading from hill colleges down to Science site) gets absolutely clogged in the 10-15 minutes before a lecture and the pavement on both sides is really narrow so if you're leaving it late to get there be prepared to push past people. Having said that, your lectures might not all be at the Law faculty as everyone gets spread out, you might even have some at Elvet. I don't think anyone (except maybe Chemistry) have all the lectures in their own department.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending