The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University referral scheme

Has anyone else been rejected from Durham and been offered to apply for another course under their referral scheme? If so, which course are you going to apply to?
Original post by lahorizon
Has anyone else been rejected from Durham and been offered to apply for another course under their referral scheme? If so, which course are you going to apply to?

I'm going to move this to the Durham forum for you! :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Changing Skies
I'm going to move this to the Durham forum for you! :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Hi I just got the email too, looking over some of the courses now.
Reply 4

I've decided to apply for the Education Studies with History. Was a little unsure how the scheme worked though, are all unsuccessful applicants invited to reapply, or just the high acheivers?
Reply 5
Original post by Smeds1998
I've decided to apply for the Education Studies with History. Was a little unsure how the scheme worked though, are all unsuccessful applicants invited to reapply, or just the high acheivers?

I don't know which is why I set up this thread. It says high achievers on the page but I am not sure. What was your original application for? and are you likely to go there if they give you an offer?
Reply 6
I don't know which is why I set up this thread. It says high achievers on the page but I am not sure. What was your original application for? and are you likely to go there if they give you an offer?

It would certainly be interesting to hear from somebody who applied last year. Am thinking there must be a fair few in our boat; I had never heard of the referral scheme until I got the email.
I will certainly consider it, however applied to History initially, and think that's where my aspirations lie. How about yourself, how well did you do in your GCSEs etc? and what course did you apply for?
Reply 7
It would certainly be interesting to hear from somebody who applied last year. Am thinking there must be a fair few in our boat; I had never heard of the referral scheme until I got the email.
I will certainly consider it, however applied to History initially, and think that's where my aspirations lie. How about yourself, how well did you do in your GCSEs etc? and what course did you apply for?

I applied for PPE and my GCSEs were 1A*, 5As,5Bs,2Cs- not that great and I just applied to Durham for the sake of it since I had already gotten an offer from Exeter which I want to go to. Through the referral scheme I applied for Finance but will probably not go if I get an offer since it is at Queen's campus and also I like PPE more.
Reply 8
I applied for PPE and my GCSEs were 1A*, 5As,5Bs,2Cs- not that great and I just applied to Durham for the sake of it since I had already gotten an offer from Exeter which I want to go to. Through the referral scheme I applied for Finance but will probably not go if I get an offer since it is at Queen's campus and also I like PPE more.

Haha sounds exactly like me, got an offer for History with Study abroad at Exeter so am thinking about taking that. Nothing jumped out at me really.
Reply 9
Haha sounds exactly like me, got an offer for History with Study abroad at Exeter so am thinking about taking that. Nothing jumped out at me really.

My PPE at Exeter course is also with study abroad so that is another reason why I would rather still go Exeter.
Got an offer for Education with History, not going to take it. Just a bit too far away and dont fancy forking out £300 to go to the open day!

I just got the email and applied to sociology. Has anyone heard back?

Quick Reply

Latest