The Student Room Group

88 days until GCSE panic

so basically I have 3 months until I sit my 22 exams and I feel like I haven't gotten anywhere.

so far all I've revised is chemistry up to c1.2 but I want to finish chemistry,physics,maths and IT by the end of march using the TSR revision sessions but I'm feeling really down.
I know theres enough time but I feel so panicked and unprepared and theres so many straight A* students on here and i don't know how they do it.

I have the potential to get straight A*s I don't doubt that but I'm having massive problems with planning my revision. I have a timetable but still feel like I'm not working fast enough its depressing

Scroll to see replies

Firstly, getting straight A*s is quite a difficult thing to do, but there's no reason for you to rule it out yet, or be disappointed if you get a few A's in the mix.

I know it's difficult but all you need to do is keep calm and keep working. Read through the learning material, make notes, answer questions and then do past papers, and practice as much as you can. I find that timetables are too rigid, perhaps you should just have goals of what should be done by when and work at it, but have fun and reward yourself from time to time as well.

Good luck! :h:
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
Firstly, getting straight A*s is quite a difficult thing to do, but there's no reason for you to rule it out yet, or be disappointed if you get a few A's in the mix.

I know it's difficult but all you need to do is keep calm and keep working. Read through the learning material, make notes, answer questions and then do past papers, and practice as much as you can. I find that timetables are too rigid, perhaps you should just have goals of what should be done by when and work at it, but have fun and reward yourself from time to time as well.

Good luck! :h:

Thank you!:biggrin:
Original post by TyanaChu
Thank you!:biggrin:

No worries - I should add that 88 days is a lot of time (even if they do go by quite quickly) so just work consistently and you should be fine. :h:
Reply 4
so basically I have 3 months until I sit my 22 exams and I feel like I haven't gotten anywhere.

so far all I've revised is chemistry up to c1.2 but I want to finish chemistry,physics,maths and IT by the end of march using the TSR revision sessions but I'm feeling really down.
I know theres enough time but I feel so panicked and unprepared and theres so many straight A* students on here and i don't know how they do it.

I have the potential to get straight A*s I don't doubt that but I'm having massive problems with planning my revision. I have a timetable but still feel like I'm not working fast enough its depressing

In your timetable do you spend certain amounts of time on each subject or do you aim to finish a certain amount of material each day?
Reply 5
Original post by Flyer24
In your timetable do you spend certain amounts of time on each subject or do you aim to finish a certain amount of material each day?

A bit of both really I have aims for each hour I spend revising
Reply 6
Original post by SeanFM
No worries - I should add that 88 days is a lot of time (even if they do go by quite quickly) so just work consistently and you should be fine. :h:

Out of curiosity how stressed were you for gcse and what did you end up getting:redface:
Reply 7
A bit of both really I have aims for each hour I spend revising

I've found setting targets for doing a certain amount of each topic daily. So C1.1 on Monday, C1.2 Tuesday etc. You seem very academic so I wouldn't worry too much about time pressure. The early parts of the subjects are usually pretty straightforward so you should be able to get through them quite quickly. Try and break down your weeks into how much you want to accomplish each week. That will help break it down and should hopefully help keep your sanity until exams :biggrin:
Out of curiosity how stressed were you for gcse and what did you end up getting:redface:

Not very, I spent most of my time playing computer games :facepalm2: which wasn't a great idea, but that kind of took the stress out of the times that I did study. :redface:

I ended up with 3 A*s, 11 A's and a B.
Reply 9
Original post by Flyer24
I've found setting targets for doing a certain amount of each topic daily. So C1.1 on Monday, C1.2 Tuesday etc. You seem very academic so I wouldn't worry too much about time pressure. The early parts of the subjects are usually pretty straightforward so you should be able to get through them quite quickly. Try and break down your weeks into how much you want to accomplish each week. That will help break it down and should hopefully help keep your sanity until exams :biggrin:

Thank you so much you've been so helpful!
Thank you so much you've been so helpful!

Not a problem and good luck
Reply 11
i have 88 days too

how do you revise science??????????

i feel i can get an A* w/ moderate revision but the sciences don't fill me w/ confidence. I want A*s in bio, chem, physics, but idk how to revise for them

Good luck btw :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by SeanFM
Not very, I spent most of my time playing computer games :facepalm2: which wasn't a great idea, but that kind of took the stress out of the times that I did study. :redface:

I ended up with 3 A*s, 11 A's and a B.

Thats so good! well done I wish you look in your future education
Thats so good! well done I wish you look in your future education

Thanks, best of luck to you as well. :h:
Oh dear I remember this time you poor babies :frown: stay strong support eachother :tongue: and good luck :hugs:
Reply 15
Original post by zanner
i have 88 days too

how do you revise science??????????

i feel i can get an A* w/ moderate revision but the sciences don't fill me w/ confidence. I want A*s in bio, chem, physics, but idk how to revise for them

Good luck btw :biggrin:

Thanks and good luck to you too! I just make notes using my CGP practice revision book. I don't use revision guides as they aren't in depth enough to secure an A*.

I complete topics from my textbook then do the practice questions which comes in the textbook and I also look online for practice questions and write those down on flash cards. As long as you know the spec you should be fine!
Reply 16
Original post by Little Popcorns
Oh dear I remember this time you poor babies :frown: stay strong support eachother :tongue: and good luck :hugs:

Aw thanks! I'm so stressed and nervous especially since A levels are being reformed and universities will actually look at GCSE grades now
Reply 17
Thanks and good luck to you too! I just make notes using my CGP practice revision book. I don't use revision guides as they aren't in depth enough to secure an A*.

I complete topics from my textbook then do the practice questions which comes in the textbook and I also look online for practice questions and write those down on flash cards. As long as you know the spec you should be fine!

thanks for the help, I really appreciate it! Good luck in your revision and exams :smile:

remember to get sleeeeep
Reply 18
b12.gif
Reply 19
I have 72 days until my first exam why'd you start so late ;3

Quick Reply

Latest