The Student Room Group

Warrington

Who's going Warrington
Original post by Dazza_alker
Who's going Warrington

For what? (There may be a better section to post than in chat :tongue:)

Is it a school? I see that it's a place in Lancashire :redface:

:facepalm2: yep, Cheshire.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dazza_alker
Who's going Warrington

No one with any sense, if they can possibly avoid it.

Original post by SeanFM
For what? (There may be a better section to post than in chat :tongue:)

Is it a school? I see that it's a place in Lancashire :redface:

Cheshire, technically :tongue:
Original post by Origami Bullets
No one with any sense, if they can possibly avoid it.

Cheshire, technically :tongue:

Yeah, I'd say it's in Cheshire. Also, Warrington's got an IKEA, don't be hating. :awesome:
Original post by Origami Bullets
No one with any sense, if they can possibly avoid it.Cheshire, technically

Original post by acupofgreentea
Yeah, I'd say it's in Cheshire. Also, Warrington's got an IKEA, don't be hating. :awesome:

Warrington isn't that bad, better than Runcorn :lol:
Gulliver's World's in Warrington :tongue:
But in itself the area is crappy xD
Manchester is much better :biggrin:
Original post by iEthan

The worst part about Runcorn is the damn bridge. Although I'm hesitant in calling it Runcorn bridge as that's considered controversial by some. :ninja:
The worst part about Runcorn is the damn bridge. Although I'm hesitant in calling it Runcorn bridge as that's considered controversial by some. :ninja:

WIDNES WIDNES WIDNESSSSSSSSSSS :rofl: my Dad lives in Widnes, hence I have a bit of local knowledge :yep:
Original post by iEthan
WIDNES WIDNES WIDNESSSSSSSSSSS :rofl: my Dad lives in Widnes, hence I have a bit of local knowledge :yep:

Well, I couldn't have picked a worse person to say that to. :lol: If your dad's from Widnes, that would explain your dislike of Runcorn, then.

When was the last time you went? Widnes has got an ice rink and everything now, it's all decked out. :yep:
Well, I couldn't have picked a worse person to say that to. :lol: If your dad's from Widnes, that would explain your dislike of Runcorn, then.

When was the last time you went? Widnes has got an ice rink and everything now, it's all decked out. :yep:

Hahahahahaha :rofl: I don't dislike Runcorn, it's just so desolate (like Widnes tbh), also the "decking out" is a bit of a joke imo. The ice rink and the cinema (aka the "Hive":wink: should have been there about 23 years ago :lol:. It's a little while since I last went. About 4 months I think… you close by then? :tongue:

ALSO, am I the only one that thinks the TESCO looks like a HUGE airport?!
Original post by iEthan
Hahahahahaha :rofl: I don't dislike Runcorn, it's just so desolate (like Widnes tbh), also the "decking out" is a bit of a joke imo. The ice rink and the cinema (aka the "Hive":wink: should have been there about 23 years ago :lol:. It's a little while since I last went. About 4 months I think… you close by then? :tongue:

What I love is they decked it all out then put it in the middle of nowhere where most public transport can't reach. :rofl:

Also, I'm from Liverpool, so not too far away.

Original post by iEthan
ALSO, am I the only one that thinks the TESCO looks like a HUGE airport?!

No, that thing's humungous. It's also never busy. Whenever I've been there, there's like five people there - I don't understand how it's still open tbh. :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
What I love is they decked it all out then put it in the middle of nowhere where most public transport can't reach. :rofl:

Also, I'm from Liverpool, so not too far away.

No, that thing's humungous. It's also never busy. Whenever I've been there, there's like five people there - I don't understand how it's still open tbh. :lol:

Everyone uses the Morrisons, it baffles me as to why they put it on a massive island. No buses there or anything. Defeats the point even if it is cheaper! So glad you agree with me though, it does look quite swish one has to admit :rofl:

Doesn't the 2a go to the Hive once every 47 years? Ah, Widnes… so close yet so far. I was expecting you to be a southerner tbh, I don't know what gave me that impression! :giggle:
Original post by iEthan
Everyone uses the Morrisons, it baffles me as to why they put it on a massive island. No buses there or anything. Defeats the point even if it is cheaper! So glad you agree with me though, it does look quite swish one has to admit :rofl:

Yeah, those who I know in Widnes do go to Morrisons, thinking about it. And then you have the Asda in the centre.

Yeah, it looks cool, too bad no one's ever there to appreciate it. :lol: I say that - it's rather great to have a store that big practically to myself. :u:

Original post by iEthan
Doesn't the 2a go to the Hive once every 47 years? Ah, Widnes… so close yet so far. I was expecting you to be a southerner tbh, I don't know what gave me that impression! :giggle:

Especially on the goddamn 61, if we're talking about the ridiculous of buses.

And definitely not a Southerner. :lol: Northern through and through.
Also, Warrington's got an IKEA, don't be hating. :awesome:

Original post by iEthan

Well that's damning with faint praise if ever I heard it...

Best thing about Warrington is the fast-ish train out of it (though I'm yet to work out why they built two stations in the same city without a rail connection between them :facepalm: )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest