The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chief Wiggum
T&O guys must be bright too though, right? Competitive specialty...

You've done CST right? So what do you do from there to get into Cardiology, do you have to do CMT, hence "wasting" 2 years?

I did ct1 then left. I'm doing locums atm. I will do ct1 medicine in probably 18months! So I've wasted a lot of time but I'll get everything I need to move from ct2 to st3 cardiology now.
Original post by Awesome Genius
I did ct1 then left. I'm doing locums atm. I will do ct1 medicine in probably 18months! So I've wasted a lot of time but I'll get everything I need to move from ct2 to st3 cardiology now.

Do you think you'll need an MD or PhD for Cardio?
(edited 8 years ago)

Why cardiology and not cardiothiracic surgery?
Original post by TheAmazingETF
It's funny because i know loads of lads at semi targets and non targets landing multiple offers at BBs including GS, MS, JPM etc.

I could give examples from my own experience but for the sake of privacy i can only just give you my word...

Tbh IB really isn't worth the struggle nowadays, So many better ventures to go for in consulting & tech.

this is quite interesting, why would you say ib isnt worth the struggle?
Original post by moonkatt
Why cardiology and not cardiothiracic surgery?

Cardiology - take just one heart attack:

Diagnosis of Chest Pain - questions like, how to diagnose ST elevation MI in patients with known LBBB.

Emergency Treatment with Primary PCI

Post-PCI management of VT

Management of ischaemic cardiomyopathy

Consideration of a CRT-D post MI

And thats just MI. There's HOCM, AF, PFOs, Myocarditis, Heart Blocks and Brady, SVTs etc

And theres so much variety: Cardiac MRI, Echos, EP, etc

CT Surgery - its just plumbing :wink:
Something is fishy, and it ain't that sushi....:colonhash:
Cardiology - take just one heart attack:

Diagnosis of Chest Pain - questions like, how to diagnose ST elevation MI in patients with known LBBB.

Emergency Treatment with Primary PCI

Post-PCI management of VT

Management of ischaemic cardiomyopathy

Consideration of a CRT-D post MI

And thats just MI. There's HOCM, AF, PFOs, Myocarditis, Heart Blocks and Brady, SVTs etc

And theres so much variety: Cardiac MRI, Echos, EP, etc

CT Surgery - its just plumbing :wink:

Well, now you're just showing off. :hmmm:

You lost me at MRI and EP and I've watched a lot of House.
Original post by acupofgreentea
Well, now you're just showing off. :hmmm:

You lost me at MRI and EP and I've watched a lot of House.

lol HMMMMM I don't think they've ever mentioned left bundle branch block on House :P

House is how I got into medicine haha.
lol HMMMMM I don't think they've ever mentioned left bundle branch block on House :P

Damn, I thought it was medical school that did it :|
Reply 109
Awesome genius is a junior doctor
??????????????????????
Original post by apronedsamurai
Damn, I thought it was medical school that did it :|

Nah. When I qualified you just had to provide the GMC with evidence you'd bought all the box sets and watched each episode 2 times.
Nah. When I qualified you just had to provide the GMC with evidence you'd bought all the box sets and watched each episode 2 times.

Was the same for me and law school, I had to quote law and order season 1; vintage Ben Stone.
Original post by TeeEm
??????????????????????

Nah I'm just trolling init

Now I know you're messing with me, pretty sure someone gave me that as a tongue-twister once. :lol: Sure hope you don't have to say that in any emergency situations.

While that's never been mentioned, my House marathons mean I shall never forget lupus. :awesome:

Seriously? You're a House fan?

What about it got you into it?

PS. Just read your post about thinking you're a bad person in the other thread - if you were being serious, just wanted to say - from what I've seen - I don't think anyone could call you a bad person. :redface:
Now I know you're messing with me, pretty sure someone gave me that as a tongue-twister once. :lol: Sure hope you don't have to say that in any emergency situations.

While that's never been mentioned, my House marathons mean I shall never forget lupus. :awesome:

Seriously? You're a House fan?

What about it got you into it?

PS. Just read your post about thinking you're a bad person in the other thread - if you were being serious, just wanted to say - from what I've seen - I don't think anyone could call you a bad person. :redface:

someone has a CRUUUUUUSSHHHHH

Knew I should've kept those damn receipts. :hmmm: I could be doctoring with the best of 'em right now.
Reply 116
Nah I'm just trolling init

I hope you are trolling ...
and if you are not I hope I do not get ill ...
p2.jpg
Original post by TeeEm
??????????????????????

TeeEm™ I would die without you.

Age = wisdom = satire = joy
Original post by apronedsamurai
someone has a CRUUUUUUSSHHHHH

Alas, it was not meant to be. I'm a brunette.

It was a sad day when I found out I didn't qualify for AG's Mid-Term Bae, pls out of respect for my heart can you not re-open old wounds? :cry2:

PS. Did you see the thread was deleted?
Alas, it was not meant to be. I'm a brunette.

It was a sad day when I found out I didn't qualify for AG's Mid-Term Bae, pls out of respect for my heart can you not re-open old wounds? :no:

Me sorry :frown:

Latest