The Student Room Group

If a girl asks a guy out on a date and he says 'no', does that mean she ugly?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
How am I going to face him again, knowing that he sees me as less-than? We are friends but I'm not sure if this friendship is going to survive.

I know there's other guys but I wanted him so bad :frown:

hmm it sounds to me like he only sees you as a friend and nothing more...

It's up to you whether you want to keep the friendship going (although it's most likely going to end because being close to him may cause you more pain when you see him with other girls so I would just say just move on from him). You will find another guy who you will like in no time dw :tongue:
Original post by Joel 96
You used "ugly" as a general term. In this instance, he may personally view you as being unattractive, but you must remember that attraction is subjective. Not everyone will view you the same.

I just want to be pretty or even average in his eyes... Is that too much to ask?
Yes it's true there could be many reasons. I still think if I was pretty enough it would have overcome any of these reasons and he wouldn't have been able to resist the chance to go on a date with me.

well so what? Sorry to be a knob but it doesn't matter there's not much you can do and that's fine, because you attract the people who are right for you or something

to be honest he probably only said 'I don't know' because in that moment he didn't know, and that could be for so many reasons other than your appearance it's crazy:smile:

you're losing perspective, as anyone else would, because of what's happened, and ya just need to take a step back n breathe n maybe ask him why later or something, talk to other people because really the most attractive thing in someone should be that they find you attractive I think lol sory I make no sense

GOOD LUCK DONT BE SAD FOR TOO LONG HE ISNT WORTH IT
Reply 23
What's the point in that? It won't change his mind.

You'll have a crush on another guy soon. Everybody has been rejected, it's not nice, but you'll get over it. The next time, try to be sure he's interested.
Original post by trapking
hmm it sounds to me like he only sees you as a friend and nothing more...

It's up to you whether you want to keep the friendship going (although it's most likely going to end because being close to him may cause you more pain when you see him with other girls so I would just say just move on from him). You will find another guy who you will like in no time dw :tongue:

Yeah exactly it's too painful. There's this really overweight girl trying to hook up with him right now and I'm krapping myself and just bracing for the pain it's going to kill my self-esteem even more. I think the only way we can be friends is if I find someone else to like/date.
Yeah exactly it's too painful. There's this really overweight girl trying to hook up with him right now and I'm krapping myself and just bracing for the pain it's going to kill my self-esteem even more. I think the only way we can be friends is if I find someone else to like/date.

That is true...I hope it works out well for you and you find someone who appreciates you for you :smile:
Haha, to be fair I'm also considering saying no to a female, I mean she's very pretty, but I just don't know it's the use of her terminology when she messages me that just turns me in the other direction. Sometimes it can just be the nit picky things that turn a guy away.
Original post by Josb
You'll have a crush on another guy soon. Everybody has been rejected, it's not nice, but you'll get over it. The next time, try to be sure he's interested.

That's the thing... I thought he was but I read all the signs wrong. He used to follow me around, try and get alone time with me like ask me to go outside with him, get hugs from me, kissed me on the cheek (and not to anyone else). I don't know I'm just a fool aren't I? I'm so embarrassed that I got it wrong :s-smilie:
Well actually the answer I got was 'I'm not sure', which is basically a no.

I feel really unattractive now I've lost all my confidence. I'm sure most straight, single guys wouldn't turn down a simple coffee/lunch date with a girl unless they thought she was ugly. I'll never do this again :s-smilie:

it could be based on many factors, not just your appearance
Haha, to be fair I'm also considering saying no to a female, I mean she's very pretty, but I just don't know it's the use of her terminology when she messages me that just turns me in the other direction. Sometimes it can just be the nit picky things that turn a guy away.

Surely the content of her character is more important than the content of her text messages... If it's that's easy to get rejected or dumped I'm just going to give up and be forever alone, it's just not worth it any more.
Original post by trapking
That is true...I hope it works out well for you and you find someone who appreciates you for you :smile:

Thanks for the encouragement :biggrin: I'll keep going and won't give up after one K.O.
Thanks for the encouragement :biggrin: I'll keep going and won't give up after one K.O.

that's the spirit :biggrin:
I just want to be pretty or even average in his eyes... Is that too much to ask?

Yes, it is too much.

You have to understand that you can't have everyone. The people who show an interest in you are the ones that deserve your love, not the ones who don't, or won't see anything in you.

Sometimes you just have to accept that he/she isn't the one. It's tough and cruel, but that's how it goes. Chin up.
Original post by Joel 96
Yes, it is too much.

You have to understand that you can't have everyone. The people who show an interest in you are the ones that deserve your love, not the ones who don't, or won't see anything in you.

Sometimes you just have to accept that he/she isn't the one. It's tough and cruel, but that's how it goes. Chin up.

That's the problem.... No one has ever been interested in me. I thought this guy was but I was wrong.
What's the point in that? It won't change his mind.

If you send pic, ill tell you the reasons why he said what he said.
Original post by Indieboohoo1
This has happened to me before I just think now, what the hell was I thinking he's ugly and arrogant and didn't deserve me anyway. But I like a guy who is 10x better than him anyway. Just be patient the right guy will come along who will think you're the most beautiful girl in the world. :smile:

It's funny when I confessed my crush to some others who know him they took the mick and said he was really ugly. I knew he wasn't the cutest guy but I still really liked him. A few days after the rejection one of the fitness instructors, who is extremely good looking conventionally speaking, said I was in amazing shape and very pretty. Still it didn't mean much as the one I like doesn't see any of that.

But yes I hope this next guy I like is much better. The problem is I'm still hung up on this guy and I'm blind to other men. Time to open my eyes and get out there again.

Thanks for your story, I hope to be able to tell the same story in time :smile:
Original post by Zenarthra
If you send pic, ill tell you the reasons why he said what he said.

That won't do much... I can't afford a plastic surgeon and I'm not about to cut all my hair off, and I work out 8 hours a week so I don't think there is anything constructive you can say. The only thing I can do is accept it.
Original post by Justmoll28
it could be based on many factors, not just your appearance

True, but I can't help but feel an pretty face could override all that. Perhaps I'm being naive.
True, but I can't help but feel an pretty face could override all that. Perhaps I'm being naive.

perhaps you are, idk but theres plenty other fish in the sea

Perhaps when he said he's not sure, that's exactly what he meant? Maybe he's not sure about his feelings? OR, he might be the few guys who wouldn't go out with a girl for the sake of it? Could be many reasons.

Otherwise by your logic, maybe means yes, and so half of rape cases are void :tongue:

And on the topic of appearance. Most girls are fairly good looking. So long as you aren't overweight, have decent skin and your face has a normal structure, you're at the least somewhat attractive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending