The Student Room Group

I don't like western cosplayers, they look nothing like Anime characters

How about you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Kaluse
How about you?

There are some good ones. In many cases, the problem is bad costumes, poor quality cameras and the lack of hotness.... But you should bear in mind that many Asian cosplayers are professional models who have no interest in anime, they're in it for the money, and get free costumes, and obviously good photographers etc.
But you can actually touch real people, you can't touch an anime
Reply 3
No not because Asian cosplayers are models that make them look good, if they are models then there must be millions Asian models out there who Cosplay which would be ulogical. Also get the best western models and they will still fail cosplaying Anime characters, well because Anime characters not based on westerners so even the best looking westerners will still not look like Anime characters.
Well anime characters don't really look Asian either :s-smilie:
No one looks like anime characters.
Maybe it's mainly because Anime is Japanese/Asian which makes you think that it's more suitable for Asian cosplayers than western ones :biggrin: A lot of the Western cosplays i've seen are spot on and amazing! i could never do better haha :P
Reply 7
Original post by Kaluse
No not because Asian cosplayers are models that make them look good, if they are models then there must be millions Asian models out there who Cosplay which would be ulogical. Also get the best western models and they will still fail cosplaying Anime characters, well because Anime characters not based on westerners so even the best looking westerners will still not look like Anime characters.

Asians don't really look like anime characters either, they just photoshop the **** out of their photos to give themselves smaller, sharper jaws, and bigger eyes, let's not forget about circle lenses which some western cosplayers don't wear. And anyway, the whole anime characters are based on Asians argument is silly, of course they aren't, they look more Caucasian if anything (the hair, eye and skin colour etc.)
Reply 8
What are you talking about? This guy looks exactly like Usagi from Sailor Moon.

Reply 9
Original post by Ciel.
Asians don't really look like anime characters either, they just photoshop the **** out of their photos to give themselves smaller, sharper jaws, and bigger eyes, let's not forget about circle lenses which some western cosplayers don't wear. And anyway, the whole anime characters are based on Asians argument is silly, of course they aren't, they look more Caucasian if anything (the hair, eye and skin colour etc.)

You can't photoshop real peoples in motion videos, Asian cosplayers not just look good in pictures but also in reality and videos.

Also Japanese don't agree with you, Japanese believes Anime characters based on Asians and I'm sure you know where Anime originally come from and where the center of Anime to this day.
Reply 10

As you can see westerners have :
- Small deep set eyes [ see the shadows ] while Anime characters have big narrow set eyes [ see there is no shadows above Anime characters eyes ].
- Big long nose while Anime characters have small nose.
- Square face while Anime characters have round face.
- Square jaw while Anime characters have sharp jaw.
- Big wide body form while Anime characters have smallish body form.
Reply 11
As an asian, I can say that you need to be white to cosplay most characters, damn white supremacists
Reply 12
Original post by Kaluse

As you can see westerners have :
- Small deep set eyes [ see the shadows ] while Anime characters have big narrow set eyes [ see there is no shadows above Anime characters eyes ].
- Big long nose while Anime characters have small nose.
- Square face while Anime characters have round face.
- Square jaw while Anime characters have sharp jaw.
- Big wide body form while Anime characters have smallish body form.

Look, the one on the left is a professional model, and she's totally Photoshopped - look how smooth her face looks, it's unnatural! The pic on the right wasn't photoshopped and you chose a less attractive cosplayer just to prove your point. Most asian girls do not have huge round eyes, sorry. Not sure what are you trying to prove but you're really biased for some reason. Asians and westerns can both be awesome cosplayers.
Reply 13
Original post by Ciel.
Look, the one on the left is a professional model, and she's totally Photoshopped - look how smooth her face looks, it's unnatural! The pic on the right wasn't photoshopped and you chose a less attractive cosplayer just to prove your point. Most asian girls do not have huge round eyes, sorry. Not sure what are you trying to prove but you're really biased for some reason. Asians and westerns can both be awesome cosplayers.

The girl on the left is just a regular normal Asian girl, if you got evidence of her for being model especially professional model then show it because if you can't then you just spreading nonsense about her. She looks unnatural to you because you can't find that kind of appearance on western girls while me have seen thousands of Asian girls in reality who look like that.

The girl on the right is photoshoped because I have seen the real picture which used for the comparison picture. And if you think she is less attractive then show me and anyone else in here of how good western girls are at looking like Anime characters.
Reply 14
Original post by Kaluse
The girl on the left is just a regular normal Asian girl, if you got evidence of her for being model especially professional model then show it because if you can't then you just spreading nonsense about her. She looks unnatural to you because you can't find that kind of appearance on western girls while me have seen thousands of Asian girls in reality who look like that.

The girl on the right is photoshoped because I have seen the real picture which used for the comparison picture. And if you think she is less attractive then show me and anyone else in here of how good western girls are at looking like Anime characters.

You sound like an asian person with a superiority complex. But here you go.

Original post by Kaluse

The girl on the left is Akatsuki Tsukasa isn't it? She is a professional cosplayer - it would be like calling Jessica Nigri a 'regular western girl'.
To me character accuracy is kinda important but having fun and getting to see other people's work is more awesome. Getting to see someone's labour of love that they've spent months working on is pretty sweet. Especially if you've been along the journey. It's about being in a community of people that love what you love as much as you do.
There are better cosplays and worse cosplays yeah but if someone's made the effort to cosplay you shouldn't shame someone for it just because their western/asian. Anyone should be able to dress as any character without restrictions.

I think that asians often do look better for some characters but there are characters that more suit westerners. It's more preference than anything. Anime characters have hella weird proportions a lot of the time anyway, we've all seen it somewhere.

Reply 17
Original post by Ciel.
You sound like an asian person with a superiority complex. But here you go.

The examples you posted are just all failures and cringe-worthy. When you want to post an example in this topic next be sure to also post the Anime character which the western cosplayers cosplaying so that anyone can see how cringy they are.
Reply 18
Original post by Kaluse
The examples you posted are just all failures and cringe-worthy. When you want to post an example in this topic next be sure to also post the Anime character which the western cosplayers cosplaying so that anyone can see how cringy they are.

Sure sure, you just can't admit defeat, babe :h: Japanese guys, and girls, LOVE the one on the third pic, they're obsessed with her and call her real life anime girl. You didn't even post the anime character comparison in the first photo haha.
(edited 8 years ago)
I've seen some amazing cosplayers in UK expos and conventions, personally. Fantastic attention to detail. And as long as everybody's having fun, surely that's all that matters?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending