The Student Room Group

Do you shave your arms?

By arms I don't mean your arm pits but your actual arms.

I was talking to a friend who said she shaves her arms and I'll admit I was kind of shocked because I've never heard of anyone doing that before. It seems like a lot of upkeep and hassle!

ALSO what do you think of unshaven arms? It has honestly never ever bothered me, nor have a looked at someone and thought "they have hairy arms".

Guys - is it a turn off to have unshaven arms or do you prefer a low maintenance girl?
(edited 8 years ago)
Yep and I think hair grows back thicker if you shave... I wax it's so much quicker!!
Reply 2
i guess light haired people can get away with it but us Asians need to lol, i epilate or wax em
No :smile:
I agree! Problem with shaving is that hair gets thicker when it grows back.
Original post by mkap
i guess light haired people can get away with it but us Asians need to lol, i epilate or wax em
Doesn't that make the hair grow back more though?
Reply 6
Original post by goldenshades
Doesn't that make the hair grow back more though?

no when i epilate or wax it doesnt, shaving does though
Reply 7
Depends on how hairy. If like that, then yes:

I never have, it's a horrible feeling touching someones arm and it being prickly.
Yup, I like having super soft arms

P.S. I epilate oops
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
As a guy, if you have more bodily hair than me it can be off putting

Posted from TSR Mobile
I leave my arms alone (although I am blonde so the hair situation isn't too bad). Some of my friends remove the hair on their arms and their arms are always prickly rather than soft. I think that's less attractive than the hair tbh!
Reply 12
no i never shave my arms i swear thats not a thing? (im a girl) i do pits not arms tho but i have blonde hairs so
Reply 13
No only shave my face
Original post by anne_breakable
I agree! Problem with shaving is that hair gets thicker when it grows back.

It doesn't, the top of the hair is tapered, when you shave you slice the top off and it become flat, meaning it probably looks thicker when it starts to grow back. Stubble also feels 'sharper'.
What epilator do you girls use?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Missdanse
By arms I don't mean your arm pits but your actual arms.

I was talking to a friend who said she shaves her arms and I'll admit I was kind of shocked because I've never heard of anyone doing that before. It seems like a lot of upkeep and hassle!

ALSO what do you think of unshaven arms? It has honestly never ever bothered me, nor have a looked at someone and thought "they have hairy arms".

Guys - is it a turn off to have unshaven arms or do you prefer a low maintenance girl?

I don't shave my arms no, but if they were hairy, I probably would shave them tbh.
I shave nothing. Join us furballs.
I don’t shave my forearms. I shave everywhere else though. It never crossed my mind until recently, and now I’m not sure what the norm is.

Latest

Trending

Trending