The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
So I've revised for 13.5 hours today, give or take 45 mins. Pretty proud of myself- I don't think I've ever revised that much in a day, ever. >.< + apparently I've been here since 17 ish hours ago. Uhh ..I'm so sad.- not that I regret it. :toofunny: My head also hurts atm but I'll probably be okay in the morning.

Anyway, the first session will start at 8:30am again! Hoping a few more of you can make it. Goodnight everyone + for those still going - keep it up! :smile:
Original post by Anon_98
So I've revised for 13.5 hours today, give or take 45 mins. Pretty proud of myself- I don't think I've ever revised that much in a day, ever. >.< + apparently I've been here since 17 ish hours ago. Uhh ..I'm so sad.- not that I regret it. :toofunny: My head also hurts atm but I'll probably be okay in the morning.

Anyway, the first session will start at 8:30am again! Hoping a few more of you can make it. Goodnight everyone + for those still going - keep it up! :smile:

such a sweetie pie you are :proud:
Original post by Anon_98
Heyllo TSR!

So, for most of us it's February half term and as much as we all realise we need to work hard to attain the A grades that we'd love to see on our results sheet in August... it's all too easy to try and do anything to get out of the seemingly dreadful studying routine. Therefore, I thought it might be good to set up a thread for those who may be spending too much time on TSR procrastinating or anyone who needs a little boost with motivation. I think it also helps having other people revising at the same time as some form of encouragement, even if they are only virtually by your side.

Before the hour begins, the idea is that everyone states what they will do for the following 60 mins, in as much detail or as vague as you'd like then log out of the forum. After the hour, you will return here and report back with how much you managed to achieve. Hopefully it'll make everyone feel that little bit more motivated + accomplished. ^-^

You can join in at any time but if all goes well then I'll be posting from 7am -1am with one hour intervals up until the holidays are over. Not sure if I'm being over ambitious..well, it can't hurt to try. :laugh: Hours will be adjusted afterwards to suit the school period.

So if this sounds like your thing, then get your stationery + revision guides ready bc the first session will begin at 8:30pm.

Thank you so much for this thread. It has really motivated me because I have barely done any work over the half term holiday. I will definitely start today.
Reply 283
7:45 - Noooooooooooo. I was secretly hoping that when I turned around from my bed to look at the clock that I'd be pleasantly surprised that it was so early and I'd be able to go back to sleep for an extra couple of hours but no. >.> I woke up perfectly on time, not happy.

8:29 - Quite excited to get started this morning. -Hope everyone is feeling the same. Session starts in under 1 min.
Reply 284
Original post by fatima1998
such a sweetie pie you are :proud:

:hugs:

Original post by Vanessaxx98
Thank you so much for this thread. It has really motivated me because I have barely done any work over the half term holiday. I will definitely start today.

You're v welcome + I'm really glad to hear it. :smile: <3
Reply 285
:work: 08:30am. :work:
~Logging out time!~

Am I doing this one alone? :sad: Okay, I'm starting with Chem unit 4- NMR. :smile:
im with you aswell studying further maths anon, dont worry:smile:
Original post by OMGitsOverpower

Hey you are not alone currently doing philosophy notes and listening to my series at the same time lmao, have to learn somehow
I'll be Going through the humoral and cell-mediated response

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
7:45 - Noooooooooooo. I was secretly hoping that when I turned around from my bed to look at the clock that I'd be pleasantly surprised that it was so early and I'd be able to go back to sleep for an extra couple of hours but no. >.> I woke up perfectly on time, not happy.

Don't forget that sleep is really important in the entire process of learning and revision. Maybe taking an extra hour of sleep in the morning would be very beneficial to you in the long run :yep:
Reply 290
Original post by OMGitsOverpower

Original post by Vanessaxx98
Hey you are not alone currently doing philosophy notes and listening to my series at the same time lmao, have to learn somehow

:woohoo:
Reply 291
I've just completed carbon-13 NMR and worked through a few exam questions, will start proton NMR at 10:30am.
Alright I'll be attempting a C3 Solomon Paper for the next hour or so
Then I'll go over C4 differential equations, parametrics and vectors and attempt mixed excersises

:redface:
Reply 293
Original post by Nirgilis
Don't forget that sleep is really important in the entire process of learning and revision. Maybe taking an extra hour of sleep in the morning would be very beneficial to you in the long run :yep:

Thank you. :redface: I think I'll try to go to bed at an earlier time tonight too/something! :smile: 5-6hrs isnt fun. :lol:
So I did like, 10 minutes of revision yesterday. Pathetic :lol:

I'm gonna try and finish a lecture today so that means going through all the palladium cross coupling reactions (Kumada-Corriu, Suzuki-Miyaura, Stille, Sonogashira) and also the Buchwald-Hartwig amination

Already done Kumada-Corriu and halfway through Suzuki, gonna go for brekkie in a bit then gonna continue till lunch at 1
You lot are nuts

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
The pain will come soon my friend, it will then tear up your soul....:redface:

Best not to let that happen so make a start soon!

:kissing2:

I have started in the early hours of the morning and intend to be very productive today! Thanks for the heads up. :smile:
Lool Idk what I'm doing, but I'm starting with Historyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (1hr)
I'm late I'll start in a hour or so.

Latest

Trending

Trending