The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MissDetermined
Not Southampton :P Oxford Brooke's. I just emailed to ask incase it was a mistake. I'm not sure why they'd prefer me to start in January instead of September? I'm still happy I got the offer, just confused haha.

Ah okay! Well done anyway :smile:
Original post by Elinapun
That sounds awesome.
I'm not sure how it went, I kinda feel like it went okay but then I feel like I could've done a lot better. It Was my first interview so it was a new experience but oh well. I'm just worried because it's my first choice and I don't want to hear a disappointing news but I guess we'll have to wait for it. I think everyone in my group were really good too, they all seemed very confident and outspoken so I guess they'll be having hard time choosing best applicants 🤔👀

Ahh bless you - I'm sure you've done fine. I often find group interviews are difficult because you don't want to dominate but then you don't want to be too quiet, and sometimes it's hard to get everything in you want!

I'm sure you'll be fine though - they do say no news is good news. Just keep telling myself what will be will be and that's all there is to it! :smile:

Good luck - let me know when you hear back from them!
Original post by Danniep22
Ahh bless you - I'm sure you've done fine. I often find group interviews are difficult because you don't want to dominate but then you don't want to be too quiet, and sometimes it's hard to get everything in you want!

I'm sure you'll be fine though - they do say no news is good news. Just keep telling myself what will be will be and that's all there is to it! :smile:

Good luck - let me know when you hear back from them!

Yeah I agree I felt like I was annoying the interviewer as I kept talking because I didn't want to seem like a quiet girl but at the same time, I was asking myself if I am even making sense as I spoke. One to one interviews seems a lot better. And of course I will and you too hehe good luck x
Is anyone going to Leeds Beckett?😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by crazycrazy
Got an email today with inviting me to the selection day!
when did you apply?
Hi! Has anyone not had interviews yet? I applied quite late (beginning of Jan) so have my first interview on the 10th March at Salford, still waiting to hear from Uclan? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl
I'm really sorry to hear this 😔 *hugs* I wasn't sure what to make of the KCL test (had mine the day before you) and thought I did ok - but came out second guessing myself with it 😓 I'm sure you'll get an offer from your others :smile: and you did well to get an interview for KCL! Are you using the website King's gave you to revise or bite size? X

Yeah 😊
Hey guys, joining this thread really late but I've applied to do a PGDip in Children's Nursing at King's. I passed the numeracy and literacy test and have my MMI in early March. :smile:
Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl
I'm really sorry to hear this 😔 *hugs* I wasn't sure what to make of the KCL test (had mine the day before you) and thought I did ok - but came out second guessing myself with it 😓 I'm sure you'll get an offer from your others :smile: and you did well to get an interview for KCL! Are you using the website King's gave you to revise or bite size? X

Please ignore me! I just sent that to the wrong person!
Original post by Ettaxo
Do you live in London?

Yeah, so it does make sense to stay at home
Original post by katiec95
Is anyone going to Leeds Beckett?😁
Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an interview there this thursday! do you have any advice about the interview? would be so grateful!! I'm super nervous!
Original post by TRsmithson
I have an interview there this thursday! do you have any advice about the interview? would be so grateful!! I'm super nervous!

It was fairly straightforward, simpler than you think it is so don't think about it too much - especially the literacy part! And the individual interview is more of an informal chat so don't worry too much, and make sure you look over the 6Cs! Good luck 😁
Original post by katiec95
It was fairly straightforward, simpler than you think it is so don't think about it too much - especially the literacy part! And the individual interview is more of an informal chat so don't worry too much, and make sure you look over the 6Cs! Good luck 😁

aww thankyou!

was the maths test super hard?
Original post by TRsmithson
aww thankyou!

was the maths test super hard?

No not at all! And you can use a calculator, just basic maths really. I've had harder maths tests at interviews
Original post by karen1507
when did you apply?

It was at the end of November
Has anyone had an interview at Salford? How was it? Just preparing for mine! Eek! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my dundee interview tomorrow.. feel so so sick 😷

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am going to study adult nursing at De Montfort in September and I'm sooooo desperate to find someone else who is too... Is anyone out there? Well done to all of you who have a place and good luck to those still waiting to hear back xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by crazycrazy
Has anyone who had there tests at DMU on the 4th Feb heard back yet?

I had my tests at DMU on the 3rd of Fev and heard back the day after, which branch of nursing did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck! Let us know how you get on xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending