The Student Room Group

DSA Ergonomic Chair

Hi, could you share what Ergonomic Chair did you get from DSA? Is it the normal office chair? I can get a really good Ergonomic Chair for my back pain now but I have been recommend to wait for the DSA funding by the Disability team at my University.. I don't want to miss out on the offer if DSA normally fund an standart Ergonomic office chair.

Thanks for your sharings and help.

Scroll to see replies

I got one from them years ago. It's not a standard office chair. Can't remember what it was now. But it had a head rest and had really good spinal support. But it does depend entirely on what your needs are.
I bought one. Still in shipping. Will let u know when arrived.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Thank you for your replies. I have looked at the supplier website and they offer one standard office chair for £68 so that would definitely not be worth the wait. The rest of their Ergonomic chairs look that they will be comfortable and will actually relief my pain a bit.
Reply 4
Original post by HucktheForde
I bought one. Still in shipping. Will let u know when arrived.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am really interested. I hope it will help you. Let me know
Original post by M8RT1NK8
I am really interested. I hope it will help you. Let me know

i am not buying it for back pain. i am buying it because it is comfortable and costs less than a leather office chair.

it should arrive in 2 days, will find out how its like.
(edited 8 years ago)
I am waiting for my chair and desk to arrive. The quote for the chair was over £500 and then the desk was £300.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Oldstudent11
I am waiting for my chair and desk to arrive. The quote for the chair was over £500 and then the desk was £300.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, you have quite a lot there. Can I ask why they recommend that for you and who is you supplier? I have chronic back pain caused by scoliosis.
That is just the desk and chair, I also got a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 with type cover, dictaphone, dragon dictation with wireless headset, Claro read, taxi allowance for when I can drive, paper, ink and book allowance as well as writing slopes, book chairs and foot rests. All in it is about £2000 worth of equipment. Student Finance NI agreed to whatever the assessor said was needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
That is just the desk and chair, I also got a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 with type cover, dictaphone, dragon dictation with wireless headset, Claro read, taxi allowance for when I can drive, paper, ink and book allowance as well as writing slopes, book chairs and foot rests. All in it is about £2000 worth of equipment. Student Finance NI agreed to whatever the assessor said was needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am happy for you that you will get all the stuff. I don't think I need all that although foot rest would be nice.

Thanks for sharing
Reply 10

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can I ask what course you are on?
Can I ask what course you are on?

I am doing Accounting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry for asking so many questions, I don't know much about this whole thing.

Why are they giving you Surface Pro 4? Is it because you needed a laptop so it's instead of it because it's ligher? Do you still have to contribute to that with the £200?
Sorry for asking so many questions, I don't know much about this whole thing.

Why are they giving you Surface Pro 4? Is it because you needed a laptop so it's instead of it because it's ligher? Do you still have to contribute to that with the £200?

I am getting the Surface Pro 4 because I need light weight equipment. Student Finance NI pay the full costs if all equipment. It is only Student Finance England that want a contribution of £200.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I am getting the Surface Pro 4 because I need light weight equipment. Student Finance NI pay the full costs if all equipment. It is only Student Finance England that want a contribution of £200.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for clearing that out for me.
Thank you for clearing that out for me.

No problems

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mine has arrived and assembled. Super comfortable to sit on!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Mine has arrived and assembled. Super comfortable to sit on!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great :-) So did not fund it yourself or did you get funding for it through DSA?
Great :-) So did not fund it yourself or did you get funding for it through DSA?

wait...i only just figured out DSA is referring to Disabled Student Allowances????

I thought its some kind of brand or something at first, like ASUS laptop or HP laptop.

I self funded it and i dont have disability,i only bought it because it is comfortable.
wait...i only just figured out DSA is referring to Disabled Student Allowances????

I thought its some kind of brand or something at first, like ASUS laptop or HP laptop.

I self funded it and i dont have disability,i only bought it because it is comfortable.

Yeah, DSA is disabled students allownce.

Quick Reply

Latest