The Student Room Group

Is it weird to not wear pyjamas at home?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
No. My mum and dad both wear old clothes at home. It's just me and my older bro who wear boxers when we are at home.

What is old clothes? Personally, I would find it very awkward.
Reply 61
Original post by Carrot_Cake_13
What is old clothes? Personally, I would find it very awkward.

Just normal t shirts and tracksuit bottoms that are too old or unfashionable to wear outside. It is kinda awkward but my parents think there's no need to buy any PJs because we're guys so there's no real need to wear much at home, so me and my bro are in boxers whenever we're at home. In the winter I'll sometimes put on some thick trousers and even that is seen as a bit weird by my parents
Original post by Trapz99
Just normal t shirts and tracksuit bottoms that are too old or unfashionable to wear outside. It is kinda awkward but my parents think there's no need to buy any PJs because we're guys so there's no real need to wear much at home, so me and my bro are in boxers whenever we're at home. In the winter I'll sometimes put on some thick trousers and even that is seen as a bit weird by my parents

If you're not freezing in it and happy to just wear that then I guess it's fine but i'd be pretty annoyed if my parent's tried saying that to me or my brother.
Reply 63
Original post by Carrot_Cake_13
If you're not freezing in it and happy to just wear that then I guess it's fine but i'd be pretty annoyed if my parent's tried saying that to me or my brother.

Lol yeah it's not freezing cold, just chilly during nights in the winter. I'm okay with it although I'd much prefer to wear PJs or some sort of clothing rather than just boxers.
Original post by Foo.mp3
I've been having to go to bed with two layers of clothes + gloves + beanie on, and sleep in a sleeping bag with a thick duvet on top, of late :erm:

Pics or it didn't happen :u:

Oh you want to take alittle peak? :sexface:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Funny thing is, I usually sleep naked :mmm:

Someone who had said we could live together let me down, so I'm forced to stay with family and unfortunately my old man's just moved into a place that has a problem with formaldehyde off-gassing floor sealant (has been ****ing us up). I've been sleeping outside in a tent as a consequence and it's been a little.. 'frosty' at times :innocent:

I feel sorry for you bro in a tent on ya own
So OP you have to wear boxers during winter even though you rather wear PJs? WHY? This makes no frigging sense!!
Reply 67
Original post by hoping4thebest
So OP you have to wear boxers during winter even though you rather wear PJs? WHY? This makes no frigging sense!!

Coz I can't have PJs okay?!
Reply 68
Tbh, I don't strip down till I go to bed

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, it's definitely not. Wear whatever it is you're comfortable with! :smile:
Reply 70
Original post by elainekorb
No, it's definitely not. Wear whatever it is you're comfortable with! :smile:

Yay I'm not weird!! But not that comfortable either lol
Original post by Andy98
Tbh, I don't strip down till I go to bed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lucky guy I have to be in boxers as soon as I get horm
Reply 72
Lucky guy I have to be in boxers as soon as I get horm

This post was me as well. Also, I meant to say home not horm lol
(edited 8 years ago)
I wear boxers and a t-shirt around the house and for sleep, clothes are for outside only.
Reply 74
Original post by Lemon Haze
I wear boxers and a t-shirt around the house and for sleep, clothes are for outside only.

Nice username
I think most guys stay in the underwear.

And I think girls look hot when they wear pyjamas.
Original post by Trapz99
Basically at home I live with my parents and my older bro. My parents wear old clothes at home.

When I get home, I usually take off my outside clothes and stay in my boxers and my bro does the same. We don't have pyjamas because my parents said that there's no point wearing them since we're not little kids or anything and we never really cared much about it. But my friends all wear them and think it's a bit unusual. Is this really the case? I always though that there was no point.

Btw, the ones I wear are like these ones but not as tight (people keep posting about the issue of your **** hanging out but as you can see it's not true): http://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0197071022.html

That guy looks so uncomoftable. Tbh, I go to bed for a nap pretty frequently when I get home from Work and usually wanna get out of work clothes pretty sharpish, but will chill in PJs most of the time, generally don't wear proper clothes unless I have to.
Reply 77
Original post by rainbowbex
That guy looks so uncomoftable. Tbh, I go to bed for a nap pretty frequently when I get home from Work and usually wanna get out of work clothes pretty sharpish, but will chill in PJs most of the time, generally don't wear proper clothes unless I have to.

Which guy? I don't understand
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Trapz99
Basically at home I live with my parents and my older bro. My parents wear old clothes at home.

When I get home, I usually take off my outside clothes and stay in my boxers and my bro does the same. We don't have pyjamas because my parents said that there's no point wearing them since we're not little kids or anything and we never really cared much about it. But my friends all wear them and think it's a bit unusual. Is this really the case? I always though that there was no point.

Btw, the ones I wear are like these ones but not as tight (people keep posting about the issue of your **** hanging out but as you can see it's not true): http://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0197071022.html

i would only walk around in boxers if I'm wearing the baggy comfy ones. I mostly wear pants instead of boxers and would never walk around in them, I always wear football shorts at home to chill. those boxers look really uncomfortable and way too tight to be just wearing them infront of others
Reply 79
i would only walk around in boxers if I'm wearing the baggy comfy ones. I mostly wear pants instead of boxers and would never walk around in them, I always wear football shorts at home to chill. those boxers look really uncomfortable and way too tight to be just wearing them infront of others

The ones I have aren't as tight as the ones in the link- they are more like shorts. Besides, my parents don't find it uncomfortable cos they're the ones telling me to wear them anyway.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending