The Student Room Group

'Kurds responsible' for Ankara blast which killed at least 28

I'm sure some of you are aware of the Pashmerga, who are seen as the 'good guys' in the fight against ISIS. Well they are allied to those reportedly responsible for the bombing yesterday in Turkey.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35602288

This is a reflection of how messy this conflict has become, so when anyone calls for backing the Kurds, remember this moment. They are apparently as willing to commit atrocities as ISIS are.

since most people are too stupid to think for themselves, I am not saying the Kurds did it
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What a load of *******s.

Your source for that is the PM of Turkey, the same Turkey that loves nothing more than massacring Kurds. The YPG have strongly denied any involvement and denounced the attacks (source 1, source 2).

Turkey have provided no proof of anything, and a Turkish official has stated "[proof is] not necessary to provide".

Of course Turkey are keen to justify their illegal and horrific actions against the Kurds, whom have been doing excellent work fighting against Turkey's best friend in the region, the Islamic State.
Reply 2
Groups affiliated with the YPG are denying it was them. How affiliated are the Peshmerga and the YPG? They seem to have very different aims and methods. From what I knew the Turkish government had good relations with the Kurds in Iraqi Kurdistan. I think it is a gross misrepresentation to say that every Kurdish group is willing to commit atrocities like ISIS because one Kurdish group uses those methods.

Also the Turks have a very sketchy record of attributing attacks to the Kurds.
Original post by PFO 24/7
What a load of *******s.

Your source for that is the PM of Turkey, the same Turkey that loves nothing more than massacring Kurds. The YPG have strongly denied any involvement and denounced the attacks (source 1, source 2).

Turkey have provided no proof of anything, and a Turkish official has stated "[proof is] not necessary to provide".

Of course Turkey are keen to justify their illegal and horrific actions against the Kurds, whom have been doing excellent work fighting against Turkey's best friend in the region, the Islamic State.

Original post by Aj12
Groups affiliated with the YPG are denying it was them. How affiliated are the Peshmerga and the YPG? They seem to have very different aims and methods. From what I knew the Turkish government had good relations with the Kurds in Iraqi Kurdistan. I think it is a gross misrepresentation to say that every Kurdish group is willing to commit atrocities like ISIS because one Kurdish group uses those methods.

Also the Turks have a very sketchy record of attributing attacks to the Kurds.

My source is the BBC, I am not saying they did it, that's why I said 'reportedly', I am just putting forward their message. I'm not sure if I actually believe they did it or not.
There are no "good guys" in the Middle East, just groups whose interests more or less align with our own at this point in time
Reply 5
Even as we sit here discussing this the YPG are fighting the Islamic State in Shadadi.

For any moron peddling Turkey's disgusting lies - Michael Horowitz:

#ISIS has a very clear interest in carrying out the #AnkaraBlast, the YPG on the other side risks losing everything including US support
Even as we sit here discussing this the YPG are fighting the Islamic State in Shadadi.

For any moron peddling Turkey's disgusting lies - Michael Horowitz:

http://www.ibtimes.com/who-salih-necar-syrian-national-tied-kurdish-rebels-involved-ankara-attack-turkish-pm-2312504

maybe he acted alone, but he was still a Kurd, and I doubt ISIS did this
Reply 7
Original post by Frank Underwood
My source is the BBC, I am not saying they did it, that's why I said 'reportedly', I am just putting forward their message. I'm not sure if I actually believe they did it or not.

You seemed very fast to blame the Kurds and compare them to ISIS, given your entire argument is based on speculation and what may have happened.
Reply 8
My source is the BBC

Did you even read your own source? It merely peddles the bs the Turkish PM spewed.

I am not saying they did it, that's why I said 'reportedly', I am just putting forward their message. I'm not sure if I actually believe they did it or not.

You presented it as fact: "Well they are allied to those reportedly responsible for the bombing yesterday in Turkey."

"They [PYG] are as willing to commit atrocities as ISIS are." - This is disgusting and you ought to be ashamed of yourself. Do you have any evidence for this? Given that you are not saying that the PYG "did it [the Ankara blast]", so what are you basing this on?
Did you even read your own source? It merely peddles the bs the Turkish PM spewed.

You presented it as fact: "Well they are allied to those reportedly responsible for the bombing yesterday in Turkey."

"They [PYG] are as willing to commit atrocities as ISIS are." - This is disgusting and you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

I don't feel disgusted because everyone is preoccupied about ISIS yet all of the groups fighting for the country are committing atrocities.

Do you have a source that isn't merely peddling what the Turkish PM is saying?
Original post by Aj12
You seemed very fast to blame the Kurds and compare them to ISIS, given your entire argument is based on speculation and what may have happened.

I'm not making an argument you idiot, I am just quoting the BBC who is quoting the Turkish PM.

Personally, I don't think this was the Kurds, it was a man who had ties to the Kurds who carried it out, based on what I have read. I'm not saying the Kurds themselves initiated this attack or something
Reply 12
I don't doubt that the conflict has lead to many Kurds resorting to desperate measures, but it is not part of Kurdish ideology or nationalism, which is more than can be said for the jihadists or Assad government. While I very much condemn the attacks you must understand that the Kurds have been very repressed by the Turks, the fact the UN continues to push for a Palestinian state in the name of self-determination and yet the state of Kurdistan has no recognition, despite an almost genocidal historical relationship with the Ottomans and later Turk nationalists is a stain on international human rights institutions.
Do you have a source that isn't merely peddling what the Turkish PM is saying?

Why do I need a source? I'm not trying to argue a point, I'm just suggesting that ISIS aren't the only ones willing to bomb a group of civilians over there. Everyone is preoccupied about how this is a 'war against ISIS', this should be a war against Assad and ISIS. This whole thing has devolved into a stupid proxy war between Turkey and Russia with ISIS thriving in the chaos.
Reply 14
I'm sure some of you are aware of the Pashmerga, who are seen as the 'good guys' in the fight against ISIS. Well they are allied to those reportedly responsible for the bombing yesterday in Turkey.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35602288

This is a reflection of how messy this conflict has become, so when anyone calls for backing the Kurds, remember this moment. They are apparently as willing to commit atrocities as ISIS are.

Even though it's clearly bull because unless they have the best forensics on the planet, how exactly did they so quickly determine who was behind the bombing? Sultan Erdogan is just using it as an excuse to hopefully invade Syria and then get annihilated by Russia.

And I like how you deleted "apparently" from it, good job

Excuse me? I have just screenshotted this entire page as it stands - please explain where I "deleted" the word 'apparently' from something. If you cannot do so (you cannot), redact that allegation.

Look at you making bs allegations out of nowhere - the Turkish PM would be proud!
Excuse me? I have just screenshotted this entire page as it stands - please explain where I "deleted" the word 'apparently' from something. If you cannot do so (you cannot), redact that allegation.

Look at you making bs allegations out of nowhere - the Turkish PM would be proud!

Please don't reply to my threads, you always take them off topic and derail them, just as you have done now. I won't be replying to you anymore and I'll be reporting you for going off topic.
Reply 17
I would be very slow to trust the credibility of the Turkish government at the moment, there are serious questions as to its status as a democracy.
Reply 18
I'm not making an argument you idiot, I am just quoting the BBC who is quoting the Turkish PM.

Personally, I don't think this was the Kurds, it was a man who had ties to the Kurds who carried it out, based on what I have read. I'm not saying the Kurds themselves initiated this attack or something

So you did not try to claim the Kurds were probably just like ISIS? Like here where you said the Kurds were probably just like ISIS.

"They are apparently as willing to commit atrocities as ISIS are."

Now you are just getting pissy because you've been called on an idiotic statement.
Original post by Aj12
So you did not try to claim the Kurds were probably just like ISIS? Like here where you said the Kurds were probably just like ISIS.

"They are apparently as willing to commit atrocities as ISIS are."

Now you are just getting pissy because you've been called on an idiotic statement.

Did you miss out 'apparently'?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending