The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Thomas95r
Still waiting to hear back from 3 universities for interview/rejection... Only one I've heard back from is Coventry (both campuses) which I have an interview for on the 24th. After seeing all you guys receiving offers already, is it panic stations just yet?

Which Unis are you waiting to hear back from?
Original post by laurrrawrr28
Which Unis are you waiting to hear back from?

Still waiting on Nottingham, Birmingham and Man Met. In fairness I did apply just before the Jan deadline, but after hearing of so many people with offers I can't imagine they have lots of space to give out much more. Hopefully an unconditional offer will be on the cards!
Reply 1262
Still waiting on Nottingham, Birmingham and Man Met. In fairness I did apply just before the Jan deadline, but after hearing of so many people with offers I can't imagine they have lots of space to give out much more. Hopefully an unconditional offer will be on the cards!

I thought it was pretty much impossible to get an unconditional for physio unless you already have your grades?
Original post by rebec1
I thought it was pretty much impossible to get an unconditional for physio unless you already have your grades?

I'm in the last year of my current degree, so won't be pending any a-level grades, just my degree which I should get a first in. I'll be classed as a mature student which will be weird!
Just come back from a stressful day on the wards to receive an offer from Hudds! My first one :smile:
Reply 1265
I'm in the last year of my current degree, so won't be pending any a-level grades, just my degree which I should get a first in. I'll be classed as a mature student which will be weird!

Oh right I see, good luck!!
I've just received an invitation for an interview at UEA yesterday. Any suggestion ? Thanks in advance.
Does anyone know when Sheffield Hallam stop interviewing?
If any qmu students are going to th visit day let me know :-)
Original post by jmcwitch
If any qmu students are going to th visit day let me know :-)

I am, I haven't visited the uni yet
Original post by nerdkoala
I am, I haven't visited the uni yet

I'm the weird person with blue hair!!!
Original post by maverick-01

I think day said they have their last selection day in April

Hey bud,
are you waiting for an interview or an offer (after interview)?
Original post by maverick-01

Apparently they are finishing every interview before they send out offers. I received an e-mail from them that they will be sending offers by april.
Original post by msiapt
Apparently they are finishing every interview before they send out offers. I received an e-mail from them that they will be sending offers by april.

Can I ask you, when did you had your interview?
Original post by RLWEBB
Has anyone heard back from kings college London after interview!!!!

Nope still waiting 😬😬😬
Original post by Barchoka
Can I ask you, when did you had your interview?

Hey, I had mine mid-January
Original post by msiapt
Hey, I had mine mid-January

I had my mid-Feb so i can wait patiently :smile:
Original post by moonandstars
Sorry for the late reply, as you know its MMI, this concept terrified me at first but now I'm actually glad it was like that as I didn't come out of it overthinking it as I would with the more generic style of interviews.

Most of the people on the stations are really nice and make you feel relaxed! You go in a group with 5 others, a bell will ring each time and you move across to the next station ( like speed dating) you're given a combination of scenarios, things to comment on... just a mix of questions which are mainly testing your values as a person; so you can't really "plan" for it. I revised so much but once I got there I realised they are just trying to get a feel for you and whether you are the right sort of person to be a Physio so there really is no right or wrong answer!

It's all about how confidently you say everything and how well you articulate yourself. If you need a minute to think just take a minute they would rather you come out with something logical then blurt out jibberish! It's quality not quantity. I wish someone had told me this beforehand so I could have relaxed a bit more in the days leading up to it!

Best of luck and as stupid as it sounds try and enjoy it!! xx

Thank you so much! This really helped calm me before the interview and I did actually enjoy it haha
Original post by Nikstar
Just come back from a stressful day on the wards to receive an offer from Hudds! My first one :smile:

Well done! Where else have you applied? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending