The Student Room Group

'Kurds responsible' for Ankara blast which killed at least 28

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiddyDec
I thought they only "apparently" did it. Now you are claiming they definitely did it. Get your story straight.

First he omits the 'apparently', claiming he included it, then he includes it and pretends to have always included it whilst subsequently omitting it from future posts!

Original post by APkr
More than that though, Israel supports an independent Kurdish state because it would give them a much needed ally in the region.

Israel and Saudi Arabia have been getting on rather well lately.
Original post by APkr
The fact that is was military targets suggests the PKK as that is their general motive, however that would also mean that the massive crackdown on the PKK in the east of Turkey has been a complete failure, which they PM recently said is "99.5%" complete.

It suits the government to blame the YPG but most likely it was PKK.

They're pretty much the same, give or take.
Reply 42
Original post by PFO 24/7
First he omits the 'apparently', claiming he included it, then he includes it and pretends to have always included it whilst subsequently omitting it from future posts!

True, but Saudi Arabia have vested interests in seeing certain states fail and others succeed. An independent Kurdish state would be relatively "simple" to understand and negotiate with.
Reply 43
Original post by AlifunArnab
They're pretty much the same, give or take.

Other than they are completely different. The YPG is the armed wing of the PYD, a political party within Syria, whereas the main goal of the PKK is to gain autonomy for Turkish Kurds due to the decades of repression and racism they are victims to.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by APkr
Other than they are completely different. The YPG is the armed wing of the PYD, a political party within Syria, whereas the main goal of the PKK is to gain autonomy for Turkish Kurds due to the decades of repression and racism they are victims to.

When I said the same, I obviously didn't mean where they operate or what they call themselves but I meant the ideology they have. They're closely aligned and this is well known for anyone following the situation.

Yeah... the PKK are terrorists no matter how you try to spin it. I never knew we have terrorist sympathisers on this forum.
I never knew we have terrorist sympathisers on this forum.

The irony...

:moon:

Well they better. Isreal and America have showed them what will happen otherwise to arab dictators that dont obey them (iraq and syria)
Original post by Mentally
Well they better. Isreal and America have showed them what will happen otherwise to arab dictators that dont obey them (iraq and syria)

I disagree. Saudi have been ramping up oil production to drive out US shale gas producers. Is this an act of a subservient, scared state?
Reply 49
When I said the same, I obviously didn't mean where they operate or what they call themselves but I meant the ideology they have. They're closely aligned and this is well known for anyone following the situation.

Yeah... the PKK are terrorists no matter how you try to spin it. I never knew we have terrorist sympathisers on this forum.

Apart from their ideology is unrelated as one is to do with Kurds in Syria, and the other is to do with increased autonomy for Kurds in Turkey.

Yes I sympathise with the PKK because the Kurds in Turkey are brutally treated and the government has no intention of sitting down and figuring something out. Sadly the PKK is the only chance Kurds in Turkey have of being treated as humans rather than lesser creatures. When you are dealing with someone as powermad as Erdogan, it is not possible to rationally discuss topics with him, therefore the only solution is something like the PKK.
(edited 8 years ago)
I disagree. Saudi have been ramping up oil production to drive out US shale gas producers. Is this an act of a subservient, scared state?

No. The reason for ramping oil prices is mostly to do with record ecreasing demand for gasoline from china and increasing oil productions after the removal of Iranian sanctions .However OPEC does have sufficient power (with the cooperation of russia) to bring up oil price. The reason why they do not I believe, is that it is in the best interest of America to keep oil prices low.

Who suffers the most from falling oil price? Surely the nation whom its GDP is heavily dependent on oil exports. Russia. And we both know here how much America/Isreal loves Russia...
Original post by APkr
Apart from their ideology is unrelated as one is to do with Kurds in Syria, and the other is to do with increased autonomy for Kurds in Turkey.

Yes I sympathise with the PKK because the Kurds in Turkey are brutally treated and the government has no intention of sitting down and figuring something out. Sadly the PKK is the only chance Kurds in Turkey have of being treated as humans rather than lesser creatures.

You're trolling me aren't you?
Reply 52
You're trolling me aren't you?

Oh the irony. Go and learn about the Kurds in the Middle East and then come back :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending