The Student Room Group

Best Friend

What do you do if you are falling for your best boy friend but you don't know if you tell him it would ruin the relationship you already have with him?
Reply 1
Find something out about them which changes how you feel about them?
Reply 2
Love or being in love can change very quickly once you find something out about someone else that puts you off them.
I wouldn't say not to because it may turn out well, but really think about it. I had a crush on my old best-friend for like 2 years, we then got together for like a year and a half. Everything was great, everyone was like "about time" etc. etc.

Then when we broke up, it was quite difficult to be how we were before. Like we're friends I guess, we can talk to each other and get along without having a problem but it's really not the same. Obviously after a while, you just forget about it and you find another best friend.

But just be aware of this.
Reply 4
Hank
Original post by Dinasaurus
I wouldn't say not to because it may turn out well, but really think about it. I had a crush on my old best-friend for like 2 years, we then got together for like a year and a half. Everything was great, everyone was like "about time" etc. etc.

Then when we broke up, it was quite difficult to be how we were before. Like we're friends I guess, we can talk to each other and get along without having a problem but it's really not the same. Obviously after a while, you just forget about it and you find another best friend.

But just be aware of this.

Thank you yeah maybe it isnt the best idea xx
Reply 5
Original post by Alfed
Love or being in love can change very quickly once you find something out about someone else that puts you off them.

Thank you yeah thats a good idea xx
It may sound like a good idea to be with them, but I personally don't recommend it. As others have said, if you ever broke up, it would be very difficult to get back to being best, even good friends.
Reply 7
Original post by scnotcrazy
What do you do if you are falling for your best boy friend but you don't know if you tell him it would ruin the relationship you already have with him?

Don't tell him unless you're sure that he could feel the same way... otherwise it'll only end in regret
Reply 8
Dont want a bad tension building between us if it doesnt work
Reply 9
Happened to me a few months ago, I told the girl I was rejected and we stayed friends. But I'm trying to avoid her as much as I can because it's hard to stay friends with a crush.

If you're happy with the friendship don't tell him. Otherwise... I would tell him but that's just me.
Reply 10
Original post by Conkerr
Happened to me a few months ago, I told the girl I was rejected and we stayed friends. But I'm trying to avoid her as much as I can because it's hard to stay friends with a crush.

If you're happy with the friendship don't tell him. Otherwise... I would tell him but that's just me.

Yeah i am its best not to i think xx
Reply 11
Yeah i am its best not to i think xx

Alright, good luck then :smile:
I hope things will end up better for you than they did for me!

I'm in the same situation OP
Reply 13
Original post by Conkerr
Alright, good luck then :smile:
I hope things will end up better for you than they did for me!

Thanks for the advice im better just staying frieds xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending