The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh come on.
I don't like Corbyn and want him replaced as leader but this is just silly.
I know Corbyn has done a lot of things but I can't remember too many public declarations of support for child-sex offenders.
I'm sure murderers and rapists have also supported both Labour and tories...

Also an important note. Remember the distinction between paedophile and child-sex offender. The former is an illness, the latter is a criminal.
Reply 2
Original post by Bornblue
Oh come on.
I don't like Corbyn and want him replaced as leader but this is just silly.
I know Corbyn has done a lot of things but I can't remember too many public declarations of support for child-sex offenders.
I'm sure murderers and rapists have also supported both Labour and tories...

I thought it was interesting that people like this suddenly view Labour in a positive light after Corbyn's win. It's the same with Islamic extremists who were celebrating Corbyn's victory
Original post by GoldenFang
I thought it was interesting that people like this suddenly view Labour in a positive light after Corbyn's win. It's the same with Islamic extremists who were celebrating Corbyn's victory

This is beyond silly.
It's not like the situation with UKIP where their borderline xenophobic policies attract racists, there is nothing Corbyn has done that would imply he supports child sex offenders.

To blame him for this is absurd. It would be like blaming Cameron for the fact his party had in it a guy who bullied a young activist to death, it's not the leaders fault when nutjobs like these support a party.
Reply 4
This is beyond silly.
It's not like the situation with UKIP where their borderline xenophobic policies attract racists, there is nothing Corbyn has done that would imply he supports child sex offenders.

I'm saying as a candidate he is attractive to sex offenders

it's not the leaders fault when nutjobs like these support a party.

Let's say your right about the paedo, what about the Islamic extremists who support Labour now because of Corbyn? You can't say that's not his fault, he's built a career out of sucking up to these people, supporting them, stroking their egos.
I'm saying as a candidate he is attractive to sex offenders

No, he isn't, no more so than Cameron is attractive to middle aged men who bully children to commit suicide. It's neither of their faults.

You can be a child sex offender and have other political views, i'm guessing it was Corbyn's other views which attracted him, rather than his views of child sex offenders.
Reply 6
It's neither of their faults.

The attraction of Islamic extremists to Corbyn's Labour clearly is Corbyn's fault. From his perspective I doubt he even interprets it as "fault", it's his natural allies coming into the Labour Party.

Out of interest, you say Corbyn should be replaced; why?
The attraction of Islamic extremists to Corbyn's Labour clearly is Corbyn's fault. From his perspective I doubt he even interprets it as "fault", it's his natural allies coming into the Labour Party.

Out of interest, you say Corbyn should be replaced; why?

This was about child sex-offenders.

By all means oppose Corbyn, I do. But to make out a link between him and child-sex offenders as if he supports it, as you were insinuating, is quite simply absurd.

I don't know too many islamic 'extremists' who've joined, no.
Reply 8

By all means oppose Corbyn, I do.

Why?
Reply 9

I don't know too many islamic 'extremists' who've joined, no.

Many Islamic extremists celebrated Corbyn's win. There's a reason for that
Reply 10
It's not just a paedophile who happened to want to join, it's an active pro-paedophilia campaigner.
Many Islamic extremists celebrated Corbyn's win. There's a reason for that

Really?
How many?

As to why I want him replaced. Well simply put i'm ideologically different, I prefer Milibands soft left views, trying to establish a German model of capitalism and I disapprove of his closeness to certain Islamic groups.

There's a lot to disagree with him on, but insinuating he supports in some way child sex offenders is pretty disgusting.
This is beyond silly.
It's not like the situation with UKIP where their borderline xenophobic policies attract racists,

Which UKIP policies are xenopobic?
wasn't there some hoo-hah about the NCCL and prominent members of the Labour Party ?
Reply 14
Really?
How many?

Many. Their views were clearly broadcast on Twitter.

As to why I want him replaced. Well simply put i'm ideologically different, I prefer Milibands soft left views, trying to establish a German model of capitalism and I disapprove of his closeness to certain Islamic groups.

You seem ambivalent. You disapprove of his closeness to Islamist groups, and then try to defend him and claim his win wasn't supported by Islamist groups.
Reply 15
Original post by the bear
wasn't there some hoo-hah about the NCCL and prominent members of the Labour Party ?

Harriet Harman and Jack Dromey actually expelled PIE from the NCCL. And affiliation was an essentially automatic process at the time, they just had to write in and pay £14 or something like that.

Many people didn't even know what paedophilia was back then, it seems as soon as Harman and Dromey learned the score, they expelled them.

But this unfortunate incident here does indicate that certain undesirables do view Corbyn's ascension to the leadership as an opportunity to join the party.
This thread is full of straws being desperately clutched at.
Many. Their views were clearly broadcast on Twitter.

You seem ambivalent. You disapprove of his closeness to Islamist groups, and then try to defend him and claim his win wasn't supported by Islamist groups.

Oh come on, give me more proof than 'many'.
If you are going to attack him or make a claim like that then back it up or else it is void.

And you're citing 'twitter'?
How many Islamic extremists have joined the labour party?

I do disapprove of his closeness to certain groups, as i disapprove of Cameron's closeness to Saudi Arabia and Blair's to Libya.

That doesn't mean you can make things up and then cite twitter as a reliable source.
FYI Tom Watson has banned him and said he is 'not welcome'.

I'm pretty much in agreement with everything Bornblue said- Corbyn has many faults we don't need to make up ones. Pedophilia is not a political ideology, despite certain conspiuracy theorists.
Reply 19

And you're citing 'twitter'?

What do you mean? If they say it on Twitter, it's pretty obvious they believe it. Why would an Islamist tweet that he celebrates Corbyn's win if he didn't mean it?

Clearly they did celebrate, because they know a Corbyn win is good for their cause. There was Ibrahim Hewitt, Mo Ansar, Abou Jahjah amongst many others.

Why are you so set on denying what is obvious to anyone who is not Corbynista?

How many Islamic extremists have joined the labour party?

I will keep my assertion at "celebrated". You are seriously denying that British Islamists see Corbyn's ascension as a good thing?

I do disapprove of his closeness to certain groups, as i disapprove of Cameron's closeness to Saudi Arabia and Blair's to Libya.

I applaud your even-handedness. Many Corbynista flat-out deny that Corbyn has anything to be ashamed of or apologise for regarding his relationships with Islamist extremists.

That doesn't mean you can make things up and then cite twitter as a reliable source.

You are denying that Twitter is a reliable source to cite what people believe and say themselves? If Abou Jahjah tweets "I love Corbyn", it is reasonable to assert that Abou Jahjah loves Corbyn

It's very strange you would deny that, and start claiming it's all "lies" and "made up" to cite what people say themselves on Twitter
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending