The Student Room Group

As-level math help !!

Hi guys,

So i'm doing my AS-level maths, and i wanted to know how should i prepare for my pre-boards and boards. There is C1-C2 and S1.
Also i haven't done GCSE maths so i wanted to which topics are required to learn in GCSE maths for better understanding in AS-level maths.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
You need to know and be good at every single GCSE topic to even start thinking about A-level maths.
Reply 2
Original post by Hanna423
x

Bump :h:
Reply 3
Hi guys,

So i'm doing my AS-level maths, and i wanted to know how should i prepare for my pre-boards and boards. There is C1-C2 and S1.
Also i haven't done GCSE maths so i wanted to which topics are required to learn in GCSE maths for better understanding in AS-level maths.

You havent done GCSE Maths and you're doing AS level??!!
You need to know (from GCSE) sine & cosine graphs, quadratic formula, trig & pythag theorem, sine & cosine rule, surds, indices and MUCH more (this is from off the top of my head)
Have you done any GCSE maths?
Reply 5
Original post by kiiten
You havent done GCSE Maths and you're doing AS level??!!
You need to know (from GCSE) sine & cosine graphs, quadratic formula, trig & pythag theorem, sine & cosine rule, surds, indices and MUCH more (this is from off the top of my head)

Yeah... :/ so basically i need to all of it?? i've got only 4 months left for my exam xC
Reply 6
Original post by Hayleybobs
Have you done any GCSE maths?

Nope, but i've taught myself few of the topics..
You should really have done GCSE maths before doing A level maths, as almost all of the topics are built on top of fundamental GCSE maths.
Reply 8
Yeah... :/ so basically i need to all of it?? i've got only 4 months left for my exam xC

Same im doing AS too. You could always just learn the AS then if you get confused on anything just look back at the GCSE notes for the topic online. Ive heard that further maths GCSE knowledge helps but i didnt do it so idk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest