The Student Room Group

Google+ youtube ????

Lol google+ is ruining my life.

I have a YouTube account and an email account and a google+ account. They are all linked.

I want to know if there's a way to disconnect google+ from showing up in emails because I'm sending formal emails to places of work and universities and my google account is just there to be clicked on and it has my YouTube videos shown as well which can't be hidden- I do not want people seeing these!

I then have the issue of my YouTube name which I don't want displaying my first and last name- I want to use a random username (example: icecream123)
I managed to change it so it was a random username but then that random username also showed up when I sent emails to important places!!!

At the moment I have left my YouTube name as my first and last name, and made all my videos private :/ so that when I'm sending emails, everything looks 'legit'.

I'm thinking of just deleting google+ all together because it's wasting my time.
Another option for me is to change my YouTube account email but I'm not sure how :frown:

Ahhhh google y r u so annoying???
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Switch to a different email provider for important things?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Or you can create a folder to direct all your g+ mail to,
Reply 3
Original post by GUMI
Or you can create a folder to direct all your g+ mail to,

How do you do that?
Reply 4
Original post by X12
Switch to a different email provider for important things?

Posted from TSR Mobile

this email was my important email and I didn't know youtube wouldn't let you change it after :frown:
Reply 5
I have two addresses, and manage them both from the same inbox.

One which I've had for like 8 years, which is linked to G+ usernames, YouTube, all of that stuff, and another which I can use to send important stuff which just has my name. It's easy to deal with.
Original post by spicyrice
Lol google+ is ruining my life.

I have a YouTube account and an email account and a google+ account. They are all linked.

I want to know if there's a way to disconnect google+ from showing up in emails because I'm sending formal emails to places of work and universities and my google account is just there to be clicked on and it has my YouTube videos shown as well which can't be hidden- I do not want people seeing these!

I then have the issue of my YouTube name which I don't want displaying my first and last name- I want to use a random username (example: icecream123)
I managed to change it so it was a random username but then that random username also showed up when I sent emails to important places!!!

At the moment I have left my YouTube name as my first and last name, and made all my videos private :/ so that when I'm sending emails, everything looks 'legit'.

I'm thinking of just deleting google+ all together because it's wasting my time.
Another option for me is to change my YouTube account email but I'm not sure how :frown:

Ahhhh google y r u so annoying???

Send your email through an alias/diffrerent email

I use a different email for my youtube and G+
Reply 7
Original post by spicyrice
this email was my important email and I didn't know youtube wouldn't let you change it after :frown:

If I was you I would make a new sensible email for important things. Use a different email provider. My personal preference is outlook. I had the same problem as you a year ago with Google Plus and the easiest option was to make a new one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending