does bear™ have to do everything ? :mad:

:wink:

Noo you don't have to!
Original post by Student403
Noo you don't have to!

papaspod.jpg
Definitely not offensive

inb4 the kiddies whinging about muslim culture taking over Britain join us :giggle:

Bloody Muslims, coming here taking over our culture

This country's gone to the dogs :rant:
Original post by the bear
papaspod.jpg

:ahee: Spodey is very happy with that. Spodey thinks that is a good look.

PRSOM

Original post by Serine Soul
Bloody Muslims, coming here taking over our cultureThis country's gone to the dogs :rant:
All cause of those damned left wingers :rant:
:ahee: Spodey is very happy with that. Spodey thinks that is a good look.

PRSOM

All cause of those damned left wingers :rant:

Bloomin cultural marxists

Watch how we get our hands chopped off under the saree law
Original post by Serine Soul
Bloomin cultural marxists

Watch how we get our hands chopped off under the saree law

:rofl:
As a Muslim, I think you wouldnt really be violating anything by wearing an Hijab :smile: So go for it. Alot of people in my area wear Hijabs and fascinate with Morrocan culture that they wear the clothing and style the house in the same way (riad) and there isnt anything wrong with it and as a muslim whose relatives wear so, i dont think there should be a problem with you wearing it nor should anyone else have a problem :smile:
A headscarf does not represent muslim's and/or their values, and a headscarf does not 'belong' to muslims.

A headscarf is what you make of it and many different people of different backgrounds and religions wear one. A nun wears, I guess you could say, a type of headscarf covering their hair, as did the virgin Mary. Some Jewish women from some sects wear something in some sort to cover their hair.

THE QUEEN, also happens to wear one in cold weather to keep her warm. Does this mean she is being offensive to muslims for wearing a headscarf? No, because like I said earlier the headscarf does not 'belong' to muslim women. It is just an item of clothing, that muslim women happen to use as well. Unlike other specific clothing/items (like a bindi or a sari which specifically originates from Indian/Pakistani culture), the headscarf is just an item of clothing used in many different ways all around the world.

To conclude, many different women wear headscarves for different reasons, so if you wanted to wear one (whatever your reason) then you can and should be able to without being judged as it is just an item of clothing that does not belong to a certain group of people.
Reply 48
Original post by georgiaswift
I'm getting a lot of hate from people for this. Just wanted to say that upsetting people or causing a fight was not my intention. Was only asking as a lot of Muslim girls told me that I look pretty and that I should wear one despite not being a Muslim, as they said it's not got a spiritual meaning to me so it's not a problem. But a lot of non-Muslims on here are telling me that's wrong and that I shouldn't do it, so I wanted to gather more opinions.

Once again, really sorry if I upset anyone; that really wasn't my intention.

It's winter anyways, no one will notice if you have a scarf on your head it's so cold lol
Some Muslims will likely be offended. It's like you're taking a part of their religion that you like without taking any of the islamophobia and hate that also comes with it. It's symbolic to many people and if you wear it the exact same way that Muslims do, it can be seen as disrespectful even though that isn't your intent.
Having said that, it's not illegal for you to wear a headscarf and you don't have to answer to anybody, so do as you please.
Hi guys,
I'm an atheist but a group of Muslim girls have set up the hijabi challenge at my university, which involves non Muslims wearing a hijabi and writing down how they feel while wearing it. I did it and I really liked how pretty I looked, and lots of people wanted to take photos because I looked really good.

So my question is: would it be offensive if I wore one occasionally, as I'm not a Muslim? Or would it be seen as solidarity and acceptable?

So, overall it was a good experience?
picture or it never happened
Quite attention seeking,like most of these social media influenced "challenges" tbh i dont see what is meant to be so astonshing about wearing a headscarf unless you're in an area with very little ethnic minorities then you may get stares.
well for me, before wearing such cloth you must research for any religious importance to our friends that are Muslims in such a way you will not offend or something like that if theres a religious significance in wearing hijabs . Just sayin'' :smile: /.
You said you want to wear it because you looked pretty with it on. That's not the purpose of the hijab so I don't think it's a very good reason for wanting to wear it "occasionally"
Reply 55
Hi guys,
I'm an atheist but a group of Muslim girls have set up the hijabi challenge at my university, which involves non Muslims wearing a hijabi and writing down how they feel while wearing it. I did it and I really liked how pretty I looked, and lots of people wanted to take photos because I looked really good.

So my question is: would it be offensive if I wore one occasionally, as I'm not a Muslim? Or would it be seen as solidarity and acceptable?

im sure you looked really pretty. wearing ahijab really makes women beautiful in my eyes. i honestly wouldnt be offended at all. im happy you were open to the option of wearing it. i wouldnt get offended as there is a stigma that wearing the hijab is oppressive on women, so i was interesting to see how a non muslim felt wearing it. what was it like wearing it, how did you feel wearing it in public :smile:
Original post by PFO 24/7
Ridiculous; millions of female Muslims in the Middle East are forced to cover up in public (under the guise of 'modesty' laws) and severely oppressed on a daily basis by patriarchal societies.

This.

And so what? Because of this OP shouldn't be allowed to cover her hair?
Reply 57
I sometimes wear a hijab when Im with my Muslim friend, just for the fun of it :biggrin:i must say its an unusual experience, and I realised that I get less looks from guys :redface:
so just wear it if you want to, who cares..
Reply 58
I don't want to wear it for attention seeking purposes - I essentially want to wear a headscarf but don't want people to think I'm appropriating things. I never said I'm wearing it to know what it feels like to be persecuted and I think it's interesting that you believe anyone who wears a headscarf wants to pretend to be oppressed.

they wear the hijab as a sign of modesty, and so only show their hair to their partners. But there's nothing wrong with them wanting to look pretty - otherwise they wouldn't ever wear makeup, but many do.

I never said I'm doing it under a guise of being oppressed. I was talking to the girls about it and they said it's not religious appropriation as they were being worn long before Islam was around. Just wondered about other people's opinions on it, but there's no need to be rude about it.

ignore the haters who think your attention seeking, i respect you for trying it out :smile: you didnt want to offend muslims, majority of muslims here dont have a problem with it. its mostly the non muslims on here who seem offended but who cares, its not part of their religion
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mkap
ignore the haters who think your attention seeking, i respect you for trying it out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending