The Student Room Group

Student Finance Abeyance

I am planning on going into abeyance within the next week as I am not enjoying my course (Mathematics with Computer Science Level 2) and the department that I am in have agreed to let me come back in September and just do Maths Level 2. Will I have to pay back any of the student loan, and if so I won't be able to do it as a one off payment but in instalments, is that possible?
Original post by anonymous_1995
I am planning on going into abeyance within the next week as I am not enjoying my course (Mathematics with Computer Science Level 2) and the department that I am in have agreed to let me come back in September and just do Maths Level 2. Will I have to pay back any of the student loan, and if so I won't be able to do it as a one off payment but in instalments, is that possible?

Speak to your university student services/support/finance office and/or your student union. This will depend on the date that you've been made dormant officially and the specific term dates for your course notified to the SLC so it's impossible for anyone to comment.
Hi

We will reassess your application once your place of study lets us know when you were no longer in attendance on your course.
This may result in an over-payment, we would write to you to let you know.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending