The Student Room Group

Entry Requirements for 2007 in Grade Order

Thought this would be useful for some. It's mainly L100 with a few exceptions i.e where Economics and Management is run but not straight Economics (this is indicated by #)

** indicates a maths requirement to A2
* indicates a maths at AS

If there are any errors, please post the correction and I will edit this post.

AAA
Bristol**
Cambridge*
LSE**
Nottingham (or AABB)
Oxford #
UCL**

AAB
Bath**
Durham
Exeter
Southampton* (or ABBb)
St Andrews
Warwick** (+b in fourth AS)
York

ABB (320 Points)
Aston #
Birmingham
Cardiff
Glasgow #
Lancaster
Leeds
Leicester
Loughborough
Manchester (**BSc)
Newcastle
Royal Holloway (or BBB inc. maths)

BBB (300 Points)
East Anglia
Edinburgh
Essex
Liverpool
Queen Mary
Queen's Belfast
Reading
SOAS
Sheffield
Surrey
Sussex

BBC (280 Points)
City
Kent
Strathclyde
Swansea

BCC (260 Points)
Aberystwyth
Bradford
Coventry
Hull
Keele #
Kingston

CCC (240 Points)
Aberdeen
Dundee
Heriot-Watt
Manchester Met
Nottingham Trent
Portsmouth
Salford
Stirling
Ulster

CCD (220 Points)
Central Lancashire
UWE Bristol

CDD (200 Points)
Hertfordshire
London Met

DDD (180 Points)
Liverpool JMU

DDE (160 Points)
Greenwich

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Cambridge has states that AS Mathematics is compulsory, now.

Very useful post, by the way. :smile:
Reply 2
Another one you could include would be Royal Holloway which entry requirement for Economics is ABB. However if you have A level Maths then the typical offer is BBB.
Reply 3
manchester have upped their L102 offer this year to AAB
Reply 4
A-Level Maths is now essential at the majority of colleges at Cambridge. For E&M at Oxford, whilst A-Level Maths is not explicity required, 94% of successful applicants generally have it (arguably this doesn't say much, but I think it does).

For those that do not offer AS/A2 Maths, check out Industrial Economics at Nottingham/Warwick - an excellent substitute in my opinion.

Good post btw :yy:
Reply 5
Please note, Warwick are unlikely to give you an offer unless you are predicted 3 As, dont let the AAB offers decieve you. L100 at Warwick is very competitive.
What does Durham require at Maths GCSE? I noticed on the UCAS site that it simply said 'Maths GCSE required'
Reply 7
NavalChicken
What does Durham require at Maths GCSE? I noticed on the UCAS site that it simply said 'Maths GCSE required'

I think it is an A.
Reply 8
Hertfordshire is not 200 points..... its 240. I applied this year and that is the standard the uni sets.
Reply 9
NavalChicken

While Durham state that GCSE maths is all that is required when I went to the open day I was told that they do exercise a preference for AS maths and in the last 2 years no one has been given an offer without it due to the competitiveness of the course.
Reply 10
ghost101
Please note, Warwick are unlikely to give you an offer unless you are predicted 3 As, dont let the AAB offers decieve you. L100 at Warwick is very competitive.

Or if he thinks he'll get AAB, then he could try this:

Hassle teaches to bumpo his predicted grades to AAA. apply to Warwick and get an AAB offfer. Get AAB and meet offer. Off to Warwick.
I assume Warwick's usual offer is AAA though?
Reply 12
ashmufc
I assume Warwick's usual offer is AAA though?

All the people I've met have had AABb offers, although to get one you need to be predicted AAA and ucually have good GCSEs and As at as level.
soas want ABB by the way.
Reply 14
Despite the AAB offer, some Unis never give out offers unless u're predicted straight A's. Durham is one of them. And sb could check it for me, pls, but I think Durham is moving up to the AAA tier next yr. About Warwick, dont be bothered as it sucks:p:
Reply 15
Abagnale
Despite the AAB offer, some Unis never give out offers unless u're predicted straight A's. Durham is one of them. And sb could check it for me, pls, but I think Durham is moving up to the AAA tier next yr. About Warwick, dont be bothered as it sucks:p:

Why does warwick suck?? I've applied, and I wasn't able to go visit it and I've heard really mixed things from people about it. Some seem to love it but some people seem to think its a 'bubble' of rich kids and cheap pints.

Yeah, just wondering why you think it sucks.
Thank you for your post. I have made lots of researches as you have and I think you have made a really good and useful summary for all of us. I agree with you in most of the list of I am not too sure about essex, I thought they require a bit higher grades, like ABB? I don't know I might be wrong.
Anyway thnx one again.
To come to Warwicks defence, although I wouldnt want to be there, to say Warwick sucks is more than a little harsh. It is a very good university, and certainly in the middle of the top 10. In my totally unqualified opinion it is the 2nd best full university outside Oxbridge (saying this without biasis as Im not applying there or at there.)
Heartbreaker
To come to Warwicks defence, although I wouldnt want to be there, to say Warwick sucks is more than a little harsh. It is a very good university, and certainly in the middle of the top 10. In my totally unqualified opinion it is the 2nd best full university outside Oxbridge (saying this without biasis as Im not applying there or at there.)

For Economics, I would say it comes after Oxbridge and LSE. On par with UCL.

A great place to read Economics (nuff sed).
Reply 19
Francypants
Why does warwick suck?? I've applied, and I wasn't able to go visit it and I've heard really mixed things from people about it. Some seem to love it but some people seem to think its a 'bubble' of rich kids and cheap pints.

Yeah, just wondering why you think it sucks.

Warwick sucks 'coz it rejected me:biggrin: ! Haha:p: Forget it, I know Warwick is one of the top Unis for Econs although university is fundamentally what u make of it (hmm cliche again). Ive come to Warwick once and love the facility there. Also, it seems to be very well-organised (how it organises events n stuff) As a new university, it has done a great job in order to constantly appear in the top-10 league. Yet when I filled in my UCAS form, Warwick was my 6th choice coz it feels a bit like any other random unis to me. That's just my personal opinion though. Still, it's proven itself to be dumb when it rejected me:cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending