The Student Room Group

Imperial College medicine applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

anyone have an interview on the 2nd of march?
Original post by babsa
Screen Shot 2016-02-18 at 16.31.11.png

if the offer is A*AA what does the minimum offer bit mean?

did they update their website recently or was the last statement always there?
Original post by gunner 124
did they update their website recently or was the last statement always there?

Well it wasn't there last year so I'm pretty sure they updated it a few months ago
Original post by babsa

if the offer is A*AA what does the minimum offer bit mean?

It means that normally they'll make offers of A*AA, however if you have already achieved your grades and have AAA then you can still apply. Or if, for whatever reason, they think you don't need to have an A* in bio/chem then they can make an AAA offer, but this is pretty unlikely.
Original post by StrugglingPupil
Hey guys I have an interview in two weeks and I'm petrified!!! Are they any tips anyone can give me please (without giving away any actual interview details)
Will be really appreciated!! Thankyouu

Hey, so I'm a first year student at Imperial who was in your shoes at this point last year. Literally, the best thing you can do is to be relaxed on the day, I know this will seem hard but at the end of the day they're just looking for a nice person. So show that, smile a lot, talk and joke with the other students etc etc. The interviewers at Imperial were the nicest out of the 3 interviews I had, you genuinely just have a 10 minute chat with them about various things, it'll be fine. If you have any other questions then hit me up.
Original post by StrugglingPupil
Hey guys I have an interview in two weeks and I'm petrified!!! Are they any tips anyone can give me please (without giving away any actual interview details)
Will be really appreciated!! Thankyouu

Study the basic questions about attributes and stuff! It's a really calm interview with no real complex questions
Original post by AortaStudyMore
Hey, so I'm a first year student at Imperial who was in your shoes at this point last year. Literally, the best thing you can do is to be relaxed on the day, I know this will seem hard but at the end of the day they're just looking for a nice person. So show that, smile a lot, talk and joke with the other students etc etc. The interviewers at Imperial were the nicest out of the 3 interviews I had, you genuinely just have a 10 minute chat with them about various things, it'll be fine. If you have any other questions then hit me up.

Original post by Folami 123
Study the basic questions about attributes and stuff! It's a really calm interview with no real complex questions

Thankyou so much you two, that makes me feel a lot better about it, ahh thankyou, the thought of it just seemed so daunting😓
Original post by sickfam
anyone have an interview on the 2nd of march?

Me!
What time is yours?
Original post by FatmanO
Me!
What time is yours?

mines at 1:40 what about you?
and are you gona go for the tour?
Rejected :frown:
Absolutely gutted, everythig rests on UCL now
Original post by plsgivemeanoffer

When was your interview I still haven't heard back :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I'm sorry to hear that! It's imperial's loss :smile: can I ask when your imperial interview was?

Good luck for UCL!!
Original post by MarimaKauser
When was your interview I still haven't heard back :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

it was on the 10th at 10:40
it was on the 10th at 10:40

Mine was on the 9th and I know people have been waiting since the 2nd as well they seem to be giving out decisions in random orders. I'm so sorry and I hope everything goes well with ucl, I've been rejected from all of my other medical unis so all of my hopes are on imperial and I'm incredibly doubtful at the moment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone else heard back tonight?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MarimaKauser
Has anyone else heard back tonight?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope not yet 😭 Why are they doing this! I'm getting even more scared now! I'm in the same boat as you! Imperial is my last hope 🍀

I'm so sorry to hear that :frown:
Don't worry, there's still UCL 👍 stay strong
And nope- nothing
Cheers for the messages people, it actually made me feel a bit better :smile: Good luck to everyone

Signing out of this thread
Original post by sickfam
mines at 1:40 what about you?
and are you gona go for the tour?

Mines at 4 and yeah :smile:
Was looking for advice then stumbled onto here. Do you know how spaces are allocated?
For those who have received offer, have you receive any official letter from Imperial? All my son got is just UCAS update saying he got an offer, but no email or follow up letter from Imperial. Is this normal?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending