The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dragonblazer11
anyone here wants to start a skype group for AS biology, physics, chemistry or maths?

What exam boards are you on?
Original post by speed1✈️✈️
A fair amount, done all papers from jan 05 to jan 11. Ill save the more recent ones to do later. Although I will probably abandon c3 for a while and focus more on C4

What exam board are you on and how are you finding them?

Think I've just about got the hang of C3 integration bar substitution. Still need to memorise the different transformations!
Anyone for AQA Physics A, Edexcel Maths Core3/4, OCR Computing......:smile:
Reply 383
Original post by rajneetk
Do you print your past papers?
I print some of them, like, I've pretty much got all of the maths ones of every unit printed but I haven't got many for Bio + Chem, just do it online. It doesn't make much difference to me though tbh. :smile:
Reply 384
I didn't move onto the past paper mainly bc I underestimated how much Chemistry I had forgotten. Managed to memorise all of the definitions, trends in ionisation energy/electron configuration stuff, practiced some calculations. I'll hopefully finish off the unit in the next session at 5pm.
I will do 2 pomodoros worth of work on my biology coursework due monday now hopefully.
Original post by Anon_98
I print some of them, like, I've pretty much got all of the maths ones of every unit printed but I haven't got many for Bio + Chem, just do it online. It doesn't make much difference to me though tbh. :smile:

Have you got bronze, silver and gold papers...
Reply 387
Original post by raman_17
Have you got bronze, silver and gold papers...

Maybe not all of them then but ..most. I haven't printed those ones bc I haven't even finished a set of the normal ones yet. :redface:
Original post by Excuse Me!
What exam board are you on and how are you finding them?

Think I've just about got the hang of C3 integration bar substitution. Still need to memorise the different transformations!

I'm edexcel, integration comes up in C4 for me. It's tough at start but I think it will click eventually. The papers for my C3 are fairly straight forward, although they have become rediculously hard in recent years, (50/75) for the June13 paper was an A grade!!
Original post by Anon_98

Thanks! Because I usually do them online but I get distracted :redface:
I think I should print mine off lol :biggrin:
Is it just me or has everyones' revision plan for today become messed up:tongue:
Reply 391
Original post by TyanaChu
I started a bit late today since I had a doctors and opticians appt but from 4pm - 5pm I'll be doing C1.3 hopefuly I will complete metal ores :biggrin:

managed to complete metal ores and extracting metals in 50 minutes 6 minute break before I move onto the extraction of copper.

Todays goal: Finish c1.3 before the end of the day
Reply 392
Original post by speed1✈️✈️
Is it just me or has everyones' revision plan for today become messed up:tongue:

yeah mine really got messed up!:u: I had two appointments so just started revision at 4pm when the revision session was ending
Not even at school but gonna join in.

Goal: Catch up on the 2 economics lectures I've missed.
That didn't exactly go as planned. I ended up revising more Biology (energy and ecosystems this time), then doing some research for French on my literature essay from 3pm-4pm. The past hour or so I have been doing EPQ though, and I'm not going to stop at 5pm. Leaving the house at 6:30pm so I want to finish writing this essay before then!

(When I say I've been writing the EPQ, I mean that I write two sentences and then spend ten minutes zoning out. Which is why it's taking so long.)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 395
Original post by rajneetk
Thanks! Because I usually do them online but I get distracted :redface:
I think I should print mine off lol :biggrin:

Ohh, I see. -Well, if you get distracted then yeah it'd probably be much better to print them off, I guess it means you can look back at them much easier too to see where you're making mistakes etc. Hopefully it'll be more useful anyway. :five:
Reply 396
:work: 5:00pm. :work:
~Logging out time!~

Continuing with memorising.
Original post by Anon_98
Ohh, I see. -Well, if you get distracted then yeah it'd probably be much better to print them off, I guess it means you can look back at them much easier too to see where you're making mistakes etc. Hopefully it'll be more useful anyway. :five:

Yes, plus writing gives a better indication of the exam and sort of help with time management I guess? Plus the hand cramps lol

:biggrin:
Only productive for about 45 minutes of the hour but finished both contributions now :u:
I'll some psychology revision for the next 50 minutes
Original post by TyanaChu
yeah mine really got messed up!:u: I had two appointments so just started revision at 4pm when the revision session was ending

Its so frustrating right!! I get distracted by my own family, every single time I sit down doing a past paper or revising a topic, my family shout at me to eat lunch at the table, knocking on my bedroom door😠. No privacy or courtesy whatsoever.

Latest

Trending

Trending