The Student Room Group

Homophobic acquaintance

This girl I know, is very homophobic and makes fun of depressed people and their issues.
She is also very secretive about it because she knows others would judge her, have they found out.
Recently, she's been bullying some people and I want to expose her publicly. How do I go about doing it?

Keep it anon please.
Don't expose her publicly speak to her in private and tell her what she's doing is highly inappropriate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can you be specific about what makes you think this girl is homophobic despite 'Keeping it a big secret'?
Reply 3
Original post by spiritless98
Don't expose her publicly speak to her in private and tell her what she's doing is highly inappropriate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've tried. She doesn't understand. She's very argumentative.
Reply 4
Original post by ThatOldGuy
Can you be specific about what makes you think this girl is homophobic despite 'Keeping it a big secret'?

She only tells certain people who are her close friends.
However, she says things like ''all gay people should be imprisoned'', ''they are disgusting'' and ''it's unnatural'', just to name a few...
Original post by Anonymous
However, she says things like ''all gay people should be imprisoned'', ''they are disgusting'' and ''it's unnatural'', just to name a few...

Do you think people would actually care if they found out? Does she put on a front of not being homophobic?

Ah. Well, that doesn't sound like anybody I've ever met ever so I'd be cautious. I'd recommend calling attention to it the next time she says it to you, but if it's somebody telling you that she is speaking like this, I'd just smile and nod and agree that saying things like that are wrong.

Because some people just want to cause drama. The girl could be completely innocent and until you have firsthand knowledge of it, don't say anything. And if you do have firsthand knowledge, wait until she says it again and call her on it.
Reply 7
Original post by ThatOldGuy
Ah. Well, that doesn't sound like anybody I've ever met ever so I'd be cautious. I'd recommend calling attention to it the next time she says it to you, but if it's somebody telling you that she is speaking like this, I'd just smile and nod and agree that saying things like that are wrong.

Because some people just want to cause drama. The girl could be completely innocent and until you have firsthand knowledge of it, don't say anything. And if you do have firsthand knowledge, wait until she says it again and call her on it.

Thank you.

I should have made it clear - she did say all of this to me but it was in private (just between us two).
Thank you.

I should have made it clear - she did say all of this to me but it was in private (just between us two).

Then privately tell her these things are not okay. When I hear slanderous things being said about other people, I just assume it's not true unless I have firsthand knowledge.

Unless she was saying these things -to- you and you're gay, in which case I'd bring them either to your school's attention or your work's attention.

It's not worth it to badmouth somebody no matter who. It will definitely turn some people against them but certainly not the majority. Just the loud majority.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending