The Student Room Group

Getting to Cambridge: STEP by STEP!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
I'm part of the love it to bits group, although granted - the first season had some low moments, it's rocking the second season.

Ah, I think it's coming out on Friday here - I'll be going with a group of friends to watch it, yeah. Argh, the censoring thing must be so annoying! Even worse than the cinema here charging us a fortune to use 3D glasses and then giving us shitty quality ones that barely do anything. --"

I'll put it higher on the list then :wink:

Fair enough! Does it get really busy there? And yes censoring is very irritating :lol: That sucks though!
Original post by Zacken
With?

What doesn't he need help with? :tongue:

#banter

Am I doing this rite?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mathemagicien
What doesn't he need help with? :tongue:

#banter

Am I doing this rite?

ahahahaha
Original post by Number Nine
ahahahaha

Original post by Andy98
Half of me thinks it's underrated, half of me says it's overrated - most people I know don't really know it's a thing, so I say it's really underrated. But then I came on here and saw a whole thread dedicated to it and I'm like "what? It's not thaaat good:rolleyes:"

Posted from TSR Mobile

You might be the only one I've heard saying it's overrated xD

eight
Reply 486
Update:

Going to start looking at some S3 and doing a few of the chapter 1 exercises. I'll update later with what I think about it as well as my progress report on FP3 and my thoughts on the module. Might do an FP3 mock tonight actually, that sounds like a good idea...
Original post by Zacken
Update:

Going to start looking at some S3 and doing a few of the chapter 1 exercises. I'll update later with what I think about it as well as my progress report on FP3 and my thoughts on the module. Might do an FP3 mock tonight actually, that sounds like a good idea...

Ayy lmao starting it with me I see :biggrin:
Reply 488
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Ayy lmao starting it with me I see :biggrin:

Yep. I was more planning on doing some FP3 practice, but saw that you started S3, so I'm rolling with it. :biggrin:

Edit: the lack of proofs in Chapter 1 is really annoying. :redface:
Original post by Zacken
Yep. I was more planning on doing some FP3 practice, but saw that you started S3, so I'm rolling with it. :biggrin:

Edit: the lack of proofs in Chapter 1 is really annoying. :redface:

today's my break day. i thought i'd do something light like S3 instead of work through FP3. :redface:

What kind of proofs do you want? There are plenty of proofs in chapter 3, you'll be satisfied with it :biggrin:
Reply 490
today's my break day. i thought i'd do something light like S3 instead of work through FP3. :redface:

What kind of proofs do you want? There are plenty of proofs in chapter 3, you'll be satisfied with it :biggrin:

>break day
>learns new maths module
>??? :rofl:

Proofs of E(XY)=E(X)E(Y)E(X-Y) = E(X) - E(Y), same with Var(X_i), an explanation for why independence is needed for variance but not expectation, etc...
Original post by Zacken
>break day
>learns new maths module
>??? :rofl:

Proofs of E(XY)=E(X)E(Y)E(X-Y) = E(X) - E(Y), same with Var(X_i), an explanation for why independence is needed for variance but not expectation, etc...

S3 doesn't count as maths :tongue:
Have you managed anything productive today?

I'm not sure if they show that in the S1 book, but you're right - they just state how it is in the beginning and expect (pun intended) you to roll with it. Oh well :redface:

:spank: :spank: :spank:
Reply 493
Have you managed anything productive today?

Did some FP3 questions from the textbook, but couldn't do much with waking up late and having a kid come over for tutoring.

On the bright side, just finished working through all of the S3 chapter 1 questions (they were fun, couldn't resist), so moving on to chapter 2 now.
Original post by Zacken
Did some FP3 questions from the textbook, but couldn't do much with waking up late and having a kid come over for tutoring.

On the bright side, just finished working through all of the S3 chapter 1 questions (they were fun, couldn't resist), so moving on to chapter 2 now.

Ah, that sounds rough. I saw that you went to bed later than 5 am. Maybe try sleeping earlier tonight.

Chapter 2 is a drag...
Reply 495
Ah, that sounds rough. I saw that you went to bed later than 5 am. Maybe try sleeping earlier tonight.

Chapter 2 is a drag...

Yeaaah, my sleeping pattern is out of whack. But I'm most productive after midnight tbh. I am planning on sleeping earlier today, though. Is your fever completely gone or can you still feel some slight symptoms?

Thanks for the encouragement. :colonhash:
Original post by DylanJ42
:spank: :spank: :spank:

i didn't mean it :cry:
i didn't mean it :cry:

ill forgive you...

this time :tongue:
Original post by Zacken
Yeaaah, my sleeping pattern is out of whack. But I'm most productive after midnight tbh. I am planning on sleeping earlier today, though. Is your fever completely gone or can you still feel some slight symptoms?

Thanks for the encouragement. :colonhash:

not a morning person, eh? I know I'm not - it's already midnight here :redface: Nah, they've subsided somewhat. It's just the weather doing this - it got a lot hotter over this last week. thank you for asking :biggrin:

there is quite literally 0 maths in chapter 2 - all a bunch of sampling techniques!
Reply 499
not a morning person, eh? I know I'm not - it's already midnight here :redface: Nah, they've subsided somewhat. It's just the weather doing this - it got a lot hotter over this last week. thank you for asking :biggrin:

there is quite literally 0 maths in chapter 2 - all a bunch of sampling techniques!

Ah, okay, that's good! Are you awake this late because of your nap or...?

Yeah, just read over the first half of it, this is utter crap! :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending