The Student Room Group

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dairychocolate
Thought they said they'd be starting with the 'on hold' people from next week.

Guess it's back to obsessively checking emails, then.

Yeah when I rang they hadn't even looked through my application so if they're giving out invites to the on hold people then it doesn't look good for me :/
I want to ring them tomorrow but i dont want to be annoying, but it's so frustrating not hearing anything back, but then i also feel bad for the admissions people who have a load of applications to go through ahhhh
Reply 942
Original post by Charlottemc1234
Yeah when I rang they hadn't even looked through my application so if they're giving out invites to the on hold people then it doesn't look good for me :/

Don't think anyone on hold has been invited yet!? Hold on hope !
[QUOTE=WALMO;62828821]Don't think anyone on hold has been invited yet!? Hold on hope !

I was on hold and got interview offer today.
Original post by magnusbane
I want to ring them tomorrow but i dont want to be annoying, but it's so frustrating not hearing anything back, but then i also feel bad for the admissions people who have a load of applications to go through ahhhh

I feel exactly the same as you! It's so annoying isn't it
Have they only sent out one day of rejections? So to the people who didn't meet the minimum entry requirements right? That means the vast majority of us on hold will be rejected :frown: sorry to be so pessimistic but what other reason do they have for consistently sending out a trickle of interviews almost every day but keeping people on hold if they haven't decided a threshold yet? I don't even understand the threshold thing tbh the academic interviews were all given out in December/jan so surely they'd have already decided a threshold to send out the rest of the interviews like all other unis? Was there an on hold pile last year? Sorry for the negativity guys, j really hope I'm wrong and we all get good news soon but it's not looking likely 😩
Good luck all
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Tiredofwaiting
Have they only sent out one day of rejections? So to the people who didn't meet the minimum entry requirements right? That means the vast majority of us on hold will be rejected :frown: sorry to be so pessimistic but what other reason do they have for consistently sending out a trickle of interviews almost every day but keeping people on hold if they haven't decided a threshold yet? I don't even understand the threshold thing tbh the academic interviews were all given out in December/jan so surely they'd have already decided a threshold to send out the rest of the interviews like all other unis? Was there an on hold pile last year? Sorry for the negativity guys, j really hope I'm wrong and we all get good news soon but it's not looking likely 😩

Yeah, I don't understand the threshold thing, either.

I've just decided not to expect anything.
Reply 948

I actually feel really upset with Keele. It seems very unfair to me me to give out so many offers and interviews when they haven't even scored everyone's applications. Then to keep holding people when others have had offers doesn't make sense either. As you said they must have already set a minimum threshold for interview so they just need to hurry up now. We all applied for the October 15th deadline so what is the holdup all about? I think they need to employ more admissions tutors because to be fair even interviewing on marvh 23rd is leaving it very late

I think I'm going to give up on Keele and just wait for BSMS. I'm so fed up of waiting and not knowing what the hell is going on with my future. I've tried to delay job applications in the hope of hearing something but i ve had enough of waiting for them now. I'm just gonna hope and pray BSMS give me good news.
Original post by Charlottemc1234
I feel exactly the same as you! It's so annoying isn't it

I don't know what to do anymore, I'm just going to try to stop thinking about it
Original post by WALMO
Don't think anyone on hold has been invited yet!? Hold on hope !

I was also on hold and got an interview today
[QUOTE=stephannalee;62833695]I was also on hold and got an interview today

congratulations😃when is your interview
Reply 952
Original post by stephannalee
I was also on hold and got an interview today

Ahhh congrats!
Reply 953
Original post by magnusbane
I don't know what to do anymore, I'm just going to try to stop thinking about it

well to be honest that is all you can do. I know its stressful and probably won't help but what else are we meant to do. At the moment i feel so stressed about not knowing anything that I am getting headaches and this is really annoying me even though i know theres no point getting unwell over this
Original post by Hopeful medic97
congratulations😃when is your interview

Thanks, is march 17th so there are still quite a few interview dates after that that I assume still need to be given out
Just freaked out over that Keele good lecturers email....why do they send emails convincing us to come to them when they haven't even given us offers :frown:
Original post by kc91
I actually feel really upset with Keele. It seems very unfair to me me to give out so many offers and interviews when they haven't even scored everyone's applications. Then to keep holding people when others have had offers doesn't make sense either. As you said they must have already set a minimum threshold for interview so they just need to hurry up now. We all applied for the October 15th deadline so what is the holdup all about? I think they need to employ more admissions tutors because to be fair even interviewing on marvh 23rd is leaving it very late

I think I'm going to give up on Keele and just wait for BSMS. I'm so fed up of waiting and not knowing what the hell is going on with my future. I've tried to delay job applications in the hope of hearing something but i ve had enough of waiting for them now. I'm just gonna hope and pray BSMS give me good news.

Aw man it's so much harder on grads because of your jobs and stuff you're right! Which jobs are you applying for? Are you waiting on Brighton post interview or pre? Hope it's good news for you either way!!!
I'm so confused at what's happening at Keele.

I withdrew my application a week ago and cancelled my interview, I rang them and told them and she said it was fine and I withdrew on UCAS. I just got an email regarding my interview on March 16th now. The one you're supposed to get following track.

Gunna ring them and make sure it is just a technical glitch! But seems pretty weird to me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just freaked out over that Keele good lecturers email....why do they send emails convincing us to come to them when they haven't even given us offers :frown:

Same, I jumped a little when I saw it 😅 So tempted to call to see if the status of my application has changed but that would be my third call in 10 days and I really don't want to seem annoying.
Oh wow, guess I know the status now. :/ rejected

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending