2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Danniep22
Hi-

Has anyone heard back with offers from
Nottingham uni yet?

Original post by elflorblack
Nopee, I had mine like on the 6th still waiting 😐

I went yesterday for an interview, they are waiting til they've interviewed everybody and then offering places. They told me it will be by the end of Feb.

Good luck!

I was really impressed by the day so hoping I get an offer
Reply 2741
Hey, has anyone heard any word from either queens or ulster university about interviews yet?
Original post by IndieTams
Hey guys, joining this thread really late but I've applied to do a PGDip in Children's Nursing at King's. I passed the numeracy and literacy test and have my MMI in early March. :smile:

I also applied to King's (Adult PGDIp) Finding it tough to find my fellow PGDip peeps haha! I started a PGDip thread in King's forum if you wanna join that, only found one other person so far. We are few and far between amongst all the BSc people. Good luck in your MMI, I really enjoyed mine, I found it much nicer than a one to one thing.
Original post by Shabo1
Hey, has anyone heard any word from either queens or ulster university about interviews yet?

Haven't heard from QUB or UU yet about nursing interviews! QUB said in the next few weeks and UU said interviews will be held from 29th February, so I'm sure we must hear soon. QUB says keep an eye on emails as that's how they will contact us.
Original post by chloemchenry
I had my tests at DMU on the 3rd of Fev and heard back the day after, which branch of nursing did you apply for?

they've now got back to me interview us on the 1st March to study adult nursing
Does anyone know what scenarios could appear (mh nursing mainly)? I have 10 scenarios to do for one of my uni interviews and I'm absolutely terrified because they're asking so many. . :frown:( is it like. .

Patient x mentioned about... . What would you do?

Or what?

I'm terrified :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CaitlinN15
Does anyone know what scenarios could appear (mh nursing mainly)? I have 10 scenarios to do for one of my uni interviews and I'm absolutely terrified because they're asking so many. . :frown:( is it like. .

Patient x mentioned about... . What would you do?

Or what?

I'm terrified :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some common ones are a patient has been racially abusive to you, how would you deal with this?

Thats for general adult nursing though, so MH I'm not so sure! possibly surrounding dementia and patients with it at a guess! what university is this for?

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by TRsmithson
Some common ones are a patient has been racially abusive to you, how would you deal with this?

Thats for general adult nursing though, so MH I'm not so sure! possibly surrounding dementia and patients with it at a guess! what university is this for?

Good luck! :smile:

Ah right, I suppose the scenarios will be a mixture between me and the patient. Thanks. I was also thinking for MH, something about confidentiality, so if someone was at risk of something along those lines? Then I would mention about breech in confidentiality. And also if someone was being aggressive due to dementia or something.

It's awful this :frown: and I can't remember which one exactly as I have a lot of interview within the next week so at the moment I couldn't tell you, one in Scotland though. .. ahaha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah right, I suppose the scenarios will be a mixture between me and the patient. Thanks. I was also thinking for MH, something about confidentiality, so if someone was at risk of something along those lines? Then I would mention about breech in confidentiality. And also if someone was being aggressive due to dementia or something.

It's awful this :frown: and I can't remember which one exactly as I have a lot of interview within the next week so at the moment I couldn't tell you, one in Scotland though. .. ahaha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh haha well good luck! all the scenarios i have been asked or heard people have been asked are about dementia patients and dignity and racially abusive staff, and just the usual. to be honest though they're like common sense within nursing, just stuff you would do if you were actually in that situation so you will be absolutely fine when you get in there!!
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found that is was really difficult to prepare for any scenario related questions as you have no way of knowing what they will ask. Saying that, if you have had any experience working in any healthcare related stuff then the answers should come somewhat naturally. Additionally I think with scenario based ones there is no wrong answer really as long as you can justify why you would do what you do in that situation. If you are a little off the mark, the interviewers normally at least give you a chance to rethink it and you can normally tell when that happens. It's unlikely they will ask you a question, listen to your answer and then leave it at that. They should prompt you to go into more detail if they want it.

It's important to think of the interview like a conversation not just a question answer kind of thing :smile:
Original post by cazcar19
I found that is was really difficult to prepare for any scenario related questions as you have no way of knowing what they will ask. Saying that, if you have had any experience working in any healthcare related stuff then the answers should come somewhat naturally. Additionally I think with scenario based ones there is no wrong answer really as long as you can justify why you would do what you do in that situation. If you are a little off the mark, the interviewers normally at least give you a chance to rethink it and you can normally tell when that happens. It's unlikely they will ask you a question, listen to your answer and then leave it at that. They should prompt you to go into more detail if they want it.

It's important to think of the interview like a conversation not just a question answer kind of thing :smile:

Yeah I do volunteering in a hospital ward so hopefully I'll be able to use my training and experiences there for my scenarios. It's stupid personally I think but oh well, trouble is I have 10 of them for one of my university interviews so I'm guessing for that one its all dependant on the scenarios which is a terrible feeling. Thank you for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TRsmithson
oh haha well good luck! all the scenarios i have been asked or heard people have been asked are about dementia patients and dignity and racially abusive staff, and just the usual. to be honest though they're like common sense within nursing, just stuff you would do if you were actually in that situation so you will be absolutely fine when you get in there!!
:smile:

Ah I know, hopefully my hospital volunteering will play a slight useful part in the scenarios as I will be able to use my training etc to hopefully help haha.

Thank you for the luck. .really going to need it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys, has anyone had an offer from middlesex for adult nursing. It's been a week and 4 days since my interview 😬 And also has anyone got a criminal record that they decleared.
Has any heard from Edinburgh Napier?
[QUOTE="crazycrazy;62826683"]
Original post by chloemchenry
I had my tests at DMU on the 3rd of Fev and heard back the day after, which branch of nursing did you apply for?

they've now got back to me interview us on the 1st March to study adult nursing

Ooo how exciting! Good luck, hopefully we will meet in September I'm doing adult nursing too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cazcar19
I also applied to King's (Adult PGDIp) Finding it tough to find my fellow PGDip peeps haha! I started a PGDip thread in King's forum if you wanna join that, only found one other person so far. We are few and far between amongst all the BSc people. Good luck in your MMI, I really enjoyed mine, I found it much nicer than a one to one thing.

Hey, thanks for the head's up! I'll definitely join if I get an offer. Haha, I know right, a lot of the PgDip groups are from ages ago. Thanks a lot and congrats on the offer, hopefully I'll be in your shoes by the end of March. I don't wanna stress out about it too much because I'm still at university, and have so many assignments due around the time of my MMI. How long did you have to wait until you heard back from them and how strenuous is the APEL form to fill out?
Congradutions guys can't wait to face mine any ideas will help.
Original post by Danni_Rutherford
Has any heard from Edinburgh Napier?

Yep got an interview in March...have you heard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Off to Scotland I go at this time *facepalm* it's almost 6am I should be asleep resting because it's half term not bothering with going to Scotland 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IndieTams
Hey, thanks for the head's up! I'll definitely join if I get an offer. Haha, I know right, a lot of the PgDip groups are from ages ago. Thanks a lot and congrats on the offer, hopefully I'll be in your shoes by the end of March. I don't wanna stress out about it too much because I'm still at university, and have so many assignments due around the time of my MMI. How long did you have to wait until you heard back from them and how strenuous is the APEL form to fill out?

They took 12 days to get back to me but it felt like years haha. King's APEL was ok, took longer than the 2-3hrs they said it would take but I also have an essay based one to do for another uni which im kind of hating on :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending