The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So what? They contribute to society
Reply 2
They're on benefits...

They took our jobs!
So?
What does it matter if they're contributing to society rather than relying on handouts because they don't want to work
Okay but do I care
As long as 100% of them pay taxes then I don't really care.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by IvoryToast
Yeah because theyre better workers than half the lay about british population where we expect to get loads of benefits despite never working hard

Wow, how could we possibly have coped as a nation for the past century, before we systematically began letting foreigners into the country? Nevermind the fact that we've been managing just fine for the past 2000+ years.
Well…..

Why on earth does this matter? At all.
Reply 9
Yeah because theyre better workers than half the lay about british population where we expect to get loads of benefits despite never working hard

I hear this a lot. It doesn't reflect my own experiences. I always found the Brits to be quite hard working.
Reply 10
:u:
Reply 11
why is that a problem :/ isn't it a good thing that they're actually working?
Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
Reply 13

I don't think I work better or worse than my British colleagues.
They are doing jobs that British people dont want to do so what is the problem in it? Would you like it if Brits in other countries were treated like how we treat migrants in the UK?
Reply 15
Original post by z33
why is that a problem :/ isn't it a good thing that they're actually working?

It's not a good thing if they're working on the minimum wage with five dependents.

Only people on good wages should be admitted.
Original post by LovepreetDhillon
They are doing jobs that British people dont want to do so what is the problem in it? Would you like it if Brits in other countries were treated like how we treat migrants in the UK?

Yeah, won't not can't.
Original post by Josb
I don't think I work better or worse than my British colleagues.

Well being French doesn't help...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18

No, they are doing doing jobs that British people don't want to do at this rate. Importing migrants to work for nothing decreases low-skilled salaries and thus penalises the already poor.
(edited 8 years ago)

You do realise that there are many foreign professionals in the UK such as Doctors, bankers etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending