The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

NTU Mathematics students!

Hey, I am applying for a Mathematics course at Nottingham Trent uni for the 2016 year entry, can anybody studying Mathematics or Financial Mathematics tell me how is it there? Is the course really hard? Do you see any daylight? lol, And which course to actually choose Pure Maths or the Financial one? Is Clifton campus okay? I know city site campus is amazing to everyone, what about Clifton?
Reply 1
I have also applied for Mathematics just wondered if any know when the offer holder day is?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Domciuz
Hey, I am applying for a Mathematics course at Nottingham Trent uni for the 2016 year entry, can anybody studying Mathematics or Financial Mathematics tell me how is it there? Is the course really hard? Do you see any daylight? lol, And which course to actually choose Pure Maths or the Financial one? Is Clifton campus okay? I know city site campus is amazing to everyone, what about Clifton?

Hi Domciuz,

If you want to find out a bit more about what students think about the maths course, I'll link you to some of our student profiles who studied this course:

Andreas Petridis
Sam Morely
James Ley

I personally like Clifton campus! There is a lovely community feel in Clifton, and with the newly built Pavilion, the campus is looking pretty impressive at the moment!

If you have any more questions please let me know!

Thanks,

Ellen
Original post by Keys10
I have also applied for Mathematics just wondered if any know when the offer holder day is?

Hi Keys10,

The next offer holder day is tomorrow! There is also ones on Saturday March 19 an Saturday 16 April for your course.

I hope this helps! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Reply 4
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi Keys10,

The next offer holder day is tomorrow! There is also ones on Saturday March 19 an Saturday 16 April for your course.

I hope this helps! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen

Oh ok thank you! I have already accepted an unconditional for the course am i still able to come tomorrow?
Original post by Keys10
Oh ok thank you! I have already accepted an unconditional for the course am i still able to come tomorrow?

Hi Keys10,

I am sorry I didn't get to answer this in time! However for future reference, unconditional offer-holders are more than welcome at our offer-holder events!

Thanks,

Ellen
I'm just about ready to firm my unconditional offer for maths at ntu aswell!:smile: I came to the Clifton campus Saturday and I loved it, only concerns were distance from the city centre and no parking at new halls which I much preferred to the other one, maybe they'll let me buy a permit if they don't sell them all 😏
Reply 7
Original post by connorH1997
I'm just about ready to firm my unconditional offer for maths at ntu aswell!:smile: I came to the Clifton campus Saturday and I loved it, only concerns were distance from the city centre and no parking at new halls which I much preferred to the other one, maybe they'll let me buy a permit if they don't sell them all 😏

Hey! So nice to finally see someone who I will hopefully study with, haha, what have you heard about studying mathematics? Is it very hard or pretty normal? 👌🏽😄 are you planning to live in the city centre? I'd love to do that too, but others said it's quite tricky for first year students to do all this traveling every day, so it's better to stay at Clifton campus..?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending