i have sheffield as my firm choice, AAB for triple honours
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by lizzie hamm
i have sheffield as my firm choice, AAB for triple honours

congratulations! which three subjects are you taking? :smile:
Finally got my offer 4 months later; AAB for CompSci! :smile:
Anyone got an offer for Civil engineering? I'm deciding between Leeds and Sheffield (both AAA) help 😁
Reply 324
Original post by zmalik
Got a letter last week for an unspecified offer for Biochemistry and Genetics, have an interview /open day on March 7th. I've never had an interview before and I'm really nervous because Sheffield would be my first choice

Congrats! I had an interview/open day earlier this week for biochemistry and there's NO reason to be nervous at all, the interview is really informal and it's basically just to talk to you about your interests etc. The day might make you change your mind about your firm choice as it did a pretty good job to change mine I think haha
Original post by Runn3r
Congrats! I had an interview/open day earlier this week for biochemistry and there's NO reason to be nervous at all, the interview is really informal and it's basically just to talk to you about your interests etc. The day might make you change your mind about your firm choice as it did a pretty good job to change mine I think haha

Oooh did it change your mind in a bad way or a good way? hahacould they spring a question on any of the biochem stuff in alevel b/c im stressing out and thinking about memorising the plant cycles for the interview
Reply 326
Original post by zmalik
Oooh did it change your mind in a bad way or a good way? hahacould they spring a question on any of the biochem stuff in alevel b/c im stressing out and thinking about memorising the plant cycles for the interview

Well it made me really want to study biochem st Sheffield haha! And I think it depends on who interviews you. Personally I got asked questions about functions of enzymes (was based on my PS), but both me and the lecturer were like working/discussing things together if that makes sense so it wasn't like I was being tested at all. A lot of people however didn't get asked any science related questions so I don't think there is any needed memorising plant cycles or a/t like that
Anyone going to the applicant day on the 27th?
Original post by Lion467
Anyone going to the applicant day on the 27th?

I am. What subject? I'm civil engineering😊
Original post by AsphodelMist
I am. What subject? I'm civil engineering😊

Religion, Theology and the Bible :smile:. I don't know whether to travel up from London and I don't know anyone else going....:frown:
Original post by Lion467
Religion, Theology and the Bible :smile:. I don't know whether to travel up from London and I don't know anyone else going....:frown:

It's a long way from London 😁 Have you been on an open day? And have you pretty much decided where to go? I would go only if you are stuck between Sheffield and another uni for firm, not even insurance. Otherwise, if you've been on their open day and/or you pretty much know where you're going I'd save the time and enjoy your Saturday! 😊
Original post by AsphodelMist
It's a long way from London 😁 Have you been on an open day? And have you pretty much decided where to go? I would go only if you are stuck between Sheffield and another uni for firm, not even insurance. Otherwise, if you've been on their open day and/or you pretty much know where you're going I'd save the time and enjoy your Saturday! 😊

I've been but I only saw the subject and I was so tired because of the drive lol. Honestly I'm stuck between Sheffield and Chester
Hey there!!

Join this group to get University of Sheffield Freshers updates :biggrin:

Just copy and past the link into your browser :smile:

facebook.com/groups/539069966256070/?fref=ts
Original post by Lion467
I've been but I only saw the subject and I was so tired because of the drive lol. Honestly I'm stuck between Sheffield and Chester

It's sounds like you should probably go then. Maybe get the train for the journey to be quicker?
Got offered: AAB for Psych!
My offer doesn't include my EPQ grade despite putting it on UCAS and ps which I was hoping for.

Most likely going to firm Sheffield, but currently tempted by an unconditional if firmed from Northumbria uni.
Probably going to take the risk and firm Sheffield and put Northumbria as my insurance, though.
Confirmed my offer last week for BA English Language and Linguistics! Anybody else doing this course?
I've applied for Japanese and Linguistics, so I assume I may meet you in the linguistic class? :smile:
Original post by Megan_Thorpe
I've applied for Japanese and Linguistics, so I assume I may meet you in the linguistic class? :smile:

Hey Megan :smile: We have a SEAS newcomers group chat going on, which you're more than welcome to join to meet prospective course mates as well as get advice from students currently at Sheffield :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1026643724063277/?fref=ts
I have an AAB for Japanese Studies :h:

I went to a Japanese Presessional Course in September for three days because I got an email about it. Apparently, there was a bug with the email and I wasn't meant to get it; it was only for people who were already on the course! :blushing:

At least I'll know some people who've already been through their first year lol :laugh:

Hope to see some of you guys there in September if we all get in! Good luck on your exams! :banana::banana:
Original post by Japanaza
I have an AAB for Japanese Studies :h:

I went to a Japanese Presessional Course in September for three days because I got an email about it. Apparently, there was a bug with the email and I wasn't meant to get it; it was only for people who were already on the course! :blushing:

At least I'll know some people who've already been through their first year lol :laugh:

Hope to see some of you guys there in September if we all get in! Good luck on your exams! :banana::banana:

Feel free to join the SEAS Newcomers 2016 chat using the link in my previous post if you haven't already 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending