The Student Room Group

How can I get my grade higher in maths?

I am expected to get an A in maths but i am currently working at a B. Is there any revision sources or tips or any ways for me to get that grade up. keep in mind I only have 3 months to go
Reply 1
Which exam board?
Reply 2
Original post by SavagePenguin
I am expected to get an A in maths but i am currently working at a B. Is there any revision sources or tips or any ways for me to get that grade up. keep in mind I only have 3 months to go

YouTube!

I'm also expected to get an A but working at a B grade. I use MyMaths and HegartyMaths - the latter doesn't require a paid subscription.
Original post by Jamie Vardy
I'm also expected to get an A but working at a B grade. I use MyMaths and HegartyMaths - the latter doesn't require a paid subscription.
is it helping you get your grades up significantly?
edexcel
Original post by luciie
Which exam board?
Original post by Ribenas
YouTube!
specify?
is it helping you get your grades up significantly?

Hopefully both resources will boost my grade.
If you want, take a look at this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3897511 as I have a post of revision tips and leave any more comments and I will help you :smile:
good luck
Original post by Jamie Vardy
Hopefully both resources will boost my grade.
good luck

You too!
1 word: practice
Or 2 words: past papers
Use them to identify your weak points and then use practice questions to consolidate your knowledge.
Do a bit more each day and build up the knowledge to do the harder questions with more confidence.
Original post by luciie
i find this channel really useful: https://www.youtube.com/channel/ucg4h6xrhh6vozfg75ofso6w/playlists. Especially the videos where he goes through past papers as it lets you see how you're expected to answer certain questions.
thankyouu!!!
There are loads of things you can do to boost your grade in Maths:

1) PAST PAPERS
2) PAST PAPERS
3) PAST PAPERS
4) PAST PAPERS
5) PAST PAPERS
6) PAST PAPERS
7) PAST PAPERS
8) PAST PAPERS
9) PAST PAPERS
10) PAST PAPERS

Spoiler

thank you
Original post by Lemur14
1 word: practice
Or 2 words: past papers
Use them to identify your weak points and then use practice questions to consolidate your knowledge.
Do a bit more each day and build up the knowledge to do the harder questions with more confidence.
thank you

np :smile:

Original post by DeadEnd_96
There are loads of things you can do to boost your grade in Maths:

1) PAST PAPERS
2) PAST PAPERS
3) PAST PAPERS
4) PAST PAPERS
5) PAST PAPERS
6) PAST PAPERS
7) PAST PAPERS
8) PAST PAPERS
9) PAST PAPERS
10) PAST PAPERS

Spoiler

lol I nearly wrote similar :biggrin: Rep!
Original post by Lemur14
np :smile:

lol I nearly wrote similar :biggrin: Rep!

finished all past papers
Will the november GCSES be affected by the changes which are going to take place
finished all past papers

Next you have to work out which areas you are strong in and which areas you are weak in.
Then for the areas you are weak in you need to find practice questions and work through them until you are confident.
Then either take past papers from similar exam boards (eg AQA and Edexcel aren't that dissimilar) and do them or redo the ones you've already done (dependent on how well you remember them).

Quick Reply

Latest