The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

30? Too old, maybe in the next life
Original post by Architecture-er
Firstly don't call yourself "bubbly", its what overweight women call themselves if they get a bit loud after a couple of drinks

:rofl2:
Original post by Gambit92
30? Too old, maybe in the next life

Thanks
Banter
Original post by The Diplomat.
Banter

That's how things get started with most guys I get involved with.

Wondering if I'm more suited to having males as friends only? :dontknow:
The rack is more important than the nack. :wink:
You'd get better advice if you posted in mumsnet to be honest
Original post by stefano865
The rack is more important than the nack. :wink:

Ample size.

Original post by Anonymous
You'd get better advice if you posted in mumsnet to be honest

Why post anonymous? lol
Original post by DancinBallerina
That's how things get started with most guys I get involved with.

Wondering if I'm more suited to having males as friends only? :dontknow:

Well, then there's only one thing to do - Get a super-hot guy to make a bet that he can turn you in to the hottest girl in (insert wherever you live). You'll hate each other at first, then grow to love one another. You'll then learn about the bet in a sudden revelation that rocks you to your core.

There will be the perfect job offer, a crazy trip to the airport and a breathless make-out session before everything all turns out and you both learn a lot about each other.

I'm pretty sure that's the way most people met their significant other.
Original post by ThatOldGuy
Well, then there's only one thing to do - Get a super-hot guy to make a bet that he can turn you in to the hottest girl in (insert wherever you live). You'll hate each other at first, then grow to love one another. You'll then learn about the bet in a sudden revelation that rocks you to your core.

There will be the perfect job offer, a crazy trip to the airport and a breathless make-out session before everything all turns out and you both learn a lot about each other.

I'm pretty sure that's the way most people met their significant other.

I'm kinda thinking to just knock it all on the head now tbh. At my age, I am too old for a relationship, so am more suited to having males just as friends I think.
I'm kinda thinking to just knock it all on the head now tbh. At my age, I am too old for a relationship, so am more suited to having males just as friends I think.

Definitely. At 30, you're basically fitting yourself for adult diapers and buying a cane.

Did you know that according to absolutely no research and a number I made up in my own head, if you are 25 and unmarried, you're a menace to society?
Definitely. At 30, you're basically fitting yourself for adult diapers and buying a cane.

Did you know that according to absolutely no research and a number I made up in my own head, if you are 25 and unmarried, you're a menace to society?

Cracking! :colone:
Ample size.

Why post anonymous? lol

Because my friends know I love mumsnet and they'd be suspicious at that post. If they then looked at my posting history, they'd know for sure that it's me
Original post by Anonymous
Because my friends know I love mumsnet and they'd be suspicious at that post. If they then looked at my posting history, they'd know for sure that it's me

Ahh ok, thanks :smile:.
. . .I turn 30 in 2 wks, and I am YET to have a proper relationship. I have been on dates, had FwB situations, but all the guys I date never ever want to progress anything. I have tried online, blind dates, bars, people in the work place, friends of friends, but nothing works.

I don't dress provocatively, I believe I am a fun, bubbly, friendly person with a good personality, woman with career in progression, I'm independent, have my own property. So I don't get where I am going wrong. People tell me someone somewhere will sweep you off your feet . . they've been saying that for the past 10 years, and I am still no further forward.

So ladies I want to know what is the 'nack' to getting a bf / relationship?

There isn't a "knack" to getting a bf/relationship.

No-one will "sweep you off our feet." There isn't a knight in a white charger anywhere on earth, you won't ever meet one.

All that MIGHT happen is you will one day meet someone you get on well with and you have a loving relationship with. That's it.

Are you prepared to settle for that? Because it doesn't get any better I am afraid.

Or you can be single. That works too...
Cracking! :colone:

I could suggest online dating. I'll write your profile for you:

"I may weigh 600 pounds and be unable to reach every part of my body when I bathe, but I do try.

I'm 45, I've never kissed anyone but my mother and I live in my parents basement. Please let me stalk you so my mother doesn't think I'm gay.

Also, I like to collect stamps. I guess. I can't really afford them or know anything about them, but I wanted to sound interesting - It's hard to get out when you weigh 600 pounds. Love me?"

That's for free. You'll have the men knocking down your door.
(edited 8 years ago)
Ample size.

Why post anonymous? lol

That was immature of me. I'm sorry. :redface:

It may become easier as you move through your 30s and more men become interested in something more serious.

Perhaps you are too passive? Try pursuing a guy you like.

Maybe you are quite fussy?

Remember that meeting someone you are truly compatible with is pretty rare. Many relationships are built on sometimes quite heavy compromise.

Sounds like you have trouble taking it to the next level. This can take a while. Spend quality time with these guys. Do something fun and active that will bring out the best in people.

:smile:
Original post by JezWeCan!
There isn't a "knack" to getting a bf/relationship.

No-one will "sweep you off our feet." There isn't a knight in a white charger anywhere on earth, you won't ever meet one.

All that MIGHT happen is you will one day meet someone you get on well with and you have a loving relationship with. That's it.

Are you prepared to settle for that? Because it doesn't get any better I am afraid.

Or you can be single. That works too...

The single life has been great; I have no one to answer to, I can buy my 'Red Soles', I have no screaming brats in my ears, and I can walk around my property naked, without a care in the world. HOWEVER . .you start to get sick of that life, and wish for something a bit more. I am not looking to get settled, i.e. get married tomorrow, and have kids in the next few months, that's not what I want @ the mo. Having someone who I can go on dates with, enjoy spending time with, have holidays together and etc . .THAT'S what I'd like.

I think I am asking for too much, but really I'm not. :frown:
I could suggest online dating. I'll write your profile for you:

"I may weigh 600 pounds and be unable to reach every part of my body when I bathe, but I do try.

I'm 45, I've never kissed anyone but my mother and I live in my parents basement. Please let me stalk you so my mother doesn't think I'm gay.

Also, I like to collect stamps. I guess. I can't really afford them or know anything about them, but I wanted to sound interesting - It's hard to get out when you weigh 600 pounds. Love me?"

That's for free. You'll have the men knocking down your door.

Seriously, go away!
Original post by stefano865
That was immature of me. I'm sorry. :redface:

It may become easier as you move through your 30s and more men become interested in something more serious.

Perhaps you are too passive? Try pursuing a guy you like.

Maybe you are quite fussy?

Remember that meeting someone you are truly compatible with is pretty rare. Many relationships are built on sometimes quite heavy compromise.

Sounds like you have trouble taking it to the next level. This can take a while. Spend quality time with these guys. Do something fun and active that will bring out the best in people.

:smile:

LoL It made me smile, so you're forgiven. :smile:

Maybe when I hit the 30s, things may start to improve, and men start to actual looking for substance.

I'm not fussy / picky . .I just know what I look for in a guy. I'm not the type of girl to have anything for the sheer fact of having a guy. A nice guy who is friendly, treats women properly, is all I want. Really don't think I am asking for much :dontknow:.

Latest

Trending

Trending