The Student Room Group

How important is sex in your relationship?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DancinBallerina
:facepalm: No! You don't use sex as a form of communication to fix friction between you and someone!

No i mean, through sex you can tell if there is friction.. that's what i meant. NOT to fix it
Yea, I geniunely don't think my girlfriend would have been with me for as long if she didn't enjoy the sex. I don't mean that in a cocky way but, both people in the relationship getting what they need is important.
Reply 22
Original post by fatima1998
you are my type of person :u:
I honestly hate sexual interaction

Original post by Anonymous
So are you more about pleasing her?

haha thanks. I'm not against kissing, or hugging, spooning, etc.... but those are all from an emotional origin. (not saying sex isn't) but without emotions, loyalty, honesty, etc... (aka everything that makes a relationship), you're left with a physical relationship. And I would much rather have a woman that loves me for that more than what sex can bring. I don't understand how sex is absolutely essential.

Not necessarily pleasing her. Just sex, in general. The entire thing.
Original post by spv
haha thanks. I'm not against kissing, or hugging, spooning, etc.... but those are all from an emotional origin. (not saying sex isn't) but without emotions, loyalty, honesty, etc... (aka everything that makes a relationship), you're left with a physical relationship. And I would much rather have a woman that loves me for that more than what sex can bring. I don't understand how sex is absolutely essential.

Not necessarily pleasing her. Just sex, in general. The entire thing.

Ahh, I get it now. Fair enough. Glad people still have self control these days :smile: But, fair point
No i mean, through sex you can tell if there is friction.. that's what i meant. NOT to fix it

Well I wouldn't be having sex with someone when there's clearly friction between you both! lol I wouldn't be in the mood!
Interesting , but could sex also tighten the bond so in other words, because it's amazing, he or she will want to hold onto that person for a long period of time. And learning about someone else all over again can be tedious..?

if you meet the right person, he or she won't have sex with you just like after 2 weeks or something
firstly he/she would try to know you inside out- it's never so boring
sex is more of an emotional connection between two people; now people would say noo it's not it's for pleasure but if you into that person then you will feel that it's more of an emotional thing rather than pleasure (it is also pleasurable but emotional side is more important)
then if they both happy and willing to hold on that relaionship then they can have sex but also willing to marry if they desire or just don't ditch each other after sex
Original post by spv

i don't understand why sex is must...
i have also mentioned that sex is more of an emotional thing if you meet the right person and respects you then he/she wouldn't have sex for pleasuring
Original post by DancinBallerina
Well I wouldn't be having sex with someone when there's clearly friction between you both! lol I wouldn't be in the mood!

True, some with less self control use it as for 'make-up' sex
i have also mentioned that sex is more of an emotional thing if you meet the right person and respects you then he/she wouldn't have sex for pleasuring

so what would they have sex for? Emotional connection?
Reply 29

That's my point. I don't understand why it's so imperative in a relationship. I think people put too much emphasis on it, and forget that it's only one minute part of a relationship. There are literally SO many other things more essential in a relationship than sex.
Sex is a fundamental part of any relationship. But by no means the most important nor the centre of the relationship. If it becomes either, the relationship is in trouble...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spv
That's my point. I don't understand why it's so imperative in a relationship. I think people put too much emphasis on it, and forget that it's only one minute part of a relationship. There are literally SO many other things more essential in a relationship than sex.

True, that's why I started this debate to know what people think. Because , from what I've heard it seems to me essential and glamourised .
so what would they have sex for? Emotional connection?

people don't now days...
they do for pleasure and when they are sick of it then break up
love is an emotional feeling and sex is the part of the love- it only happens from your heart
you just can't say... ohh she is hot and then trying to ask her out and then after few days sex... nooo that's not a real relationship
Original post by spv

people are weird
so many rapes happen to have sex :angry:
people don't now days...
they do for pleasure and when they are sick of it then break up
love is an emotional feeling and sex is the part of the love- it only happens from your heart
you just can't say... ohh she is hot and then trying to ask her out and then after few days sex... nooo that's not a real relationship

That's a hook up, but I get your point. It's sad how some of us have lost the concept of love... or maybe it's an illusion...
I would say sex is important, but definitely not the most important thing in a relationship. For me, my boyfriend is like my best friend. The sex is just a bonus.
Original post by TeaWolf
I would say sex is important, but definitely not the most important thing in a relationship. For me, my boyfriend is like my best friend. The sex is just a bonus.

Aww, that's cute.
True, some with less self control use it as for 'make-up' sex

. . . .Which in my opinion is wrong and would feel 'wrong'! But each to their own I guess :dontknow:.
If I think sex is an important of a relationship but not the make or break of a relationship. Some relationships start of lots of sex others none. It just depends on the kind of relationship the individuals involved what. if they are a very sexually active couple then sex would probably be consider more important than to a couple who aren't as sexually active.

It depends on many factors. It is a part of a relationship. The importance of it however depend on the individual couple.
It depends upon your partner. If he's willing to wait for the right time (after marriage). Lucky you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending