The Student Room Group

GCSE IT is ghastly...

I can't stand GCSE IT. I'm doing the OCR course (I think... my teacher is so unclear) and it's just awful. We have to make a spreadsheet for some imaginary woman and her hockey club and write 10000 words worth of bs in an evidence document. And my teacher is the worst, she has little knowledge of IT and I don't understand anything in lesson. I always say "I don't care about this subject" but I do because I don't want to get a D in it or something. She's just so unclear about everything and I hate this pointless subject that they forced us to take.

The coursework is consuming too much of my time for a subject that really isn't that important, compared to Maths, English and the Sciences. And don't even get me started on the heap load of confusing work she has set us over half term.

Does anyone feel the same?
Reply 1
Yeah I take that course but shouldn't you have finished that coursework last year?
We completed our coursework last like january and moved onto theory and we recently got our coursework back with feedback so were improving them for higher grades and were going to hand it in again.

I remember task 3 being a nightmare
Reply 2
Ikr.
Original post by romansholiday
I can't stand GCSE IT. I'm doing the OCR course (I think... my teacher is so unclear) and it's just awful. We have to make a spreadsheet for some imaginary woman and her hockey club and write 10000 words worth of bs in an evidence document. And my teacher is the worst, she has little knowledge of IT and I don't understand anything in lesson. I always say "I don't care about this subject" but I do because I don't want to get a D in it or something. She's just so unclear about everything and I hate this pointless subject that they forced us to take.

The coursework is consuming too much of my time for a subject that really isn't that important, compared to Maths, English and the Sciences. And don't even get me started on the heap load of confusing work she has set us over half term.

Does anyone feel the same?

i took GCSE IT last year and achieved an A grade in my coursework
it took me about a year and a half (just finished 3 months before the actual exam)
my teacher was good and gave me feedback so i know what to improve
i hope you can do it quickly :h:
Reply 4
Have fun spending 1 hour making something and then 10 hours screenshotting and writing evidence for it.
Original post by TyanaChu
Yeah I take that course but shouldn't you have finished that coursework last year?
We completed our coursework last like january and moved onto theory and we recently got our coursework back with feedback so were improving them for higher grades and were going to hand it in again.

I remember task 3 being a nightmare

We have 2 coursework tasks I think, so maybe I'm on a different course to you. I started one of the courseworks half way through Year 9, and she still wants us to improve on it now. I'm on an A for that so I'm not concerned. For the second coursework that we started at the end of Year 10, I'm literally on a U or something, but no one in my class has even reached a C on this one so I'm not alone. It's so bad that none of us are even passing the second coursework, considering that we are top set lmao.
Reply 6
I took that and our course was similar.

Was total garbage, we learned nothing about IT aside from, as you say, screenshotting crap and writing about it.
Original post by york_wbu
Have fun spending 1 hour making something and then 10 hours screenshotting and writing evidence for it.

Accurate lmao.
Reply 8
Original post by romansholiday
We have 2 coursework tasks I think, so maybe I'm on a different course to you. I started one of the courseworks half way through Year 9, and she still wants us to improve on it now. I'm on an A for that so I'm not concerned. For the second coursework that we started at the end of Year 10, I'm literally on a U or something, but no one in my class has even reached a C on this one so I'm not alone. It's so bad that none of us are even passing the second coursework, considering that we are top set lmao.

is it called R002 ?
Original post by TyanaChu
is it called R002 ?

I think the course code that I'm doing is J461 and J061 or something...

Quick Reply