The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stefano865
Are you sure you are not fussy? :tongue:

Some of them must have been nice.

...Or you could try this.

https://thethomasprince.wordpress.com/2013/06/10/why-gay-men-make-great-husbands-for-women/

Honestly, I'm not fussy! The first older guy I was with kept me dangling by a string for 3 years! Not once did he ever take me out, do anything fun with me, I literally got to know the cotton threads on his bed sheets very well! The 2nd guy . .that has just gone sour (literally today)! Hot until the date last week, this week cold, to the point where he's hiding from me! Bearing in mind, I've done nothing whatsoever. I could understand if I was blowing up his phone, annoying him and etc, but I've done none of that whatsoever! :dontknow:
Original post by DancinBallerina
Honestly, I'm not fussy! The first older guy I was with kept me dangling by a string for 3 years! Not once did he ever take me out, do anything fun with me, I literally got to know the cotton threads on his bed sheets very well! The 2nd guy . .that has just gone sour (literally today)! Hot until the date last week, this week cold, to the point where he's hiding from me! Bearing in mind, I've done nothing whatsoever. I could understand if I was blowing up his phone, annoying him and etc, but I've done none of that whatsoever! :dontknow:

Perhaps try dating gay guys or other women? :tongue:

Spoiler

Perhaps try dating gay guys or other women? :tongue:

Spoiler

The vag doesn't interest me (not that way inclined), and I have gay friends, who are lovely :smile: Good laughs.
. .I was sat back and had a hard long think to myself ''Am I looking for something which simply does not exist?'' No! What I want really is not breaking the bank. I don't have a list as long as the M25 / the girls on Take Me Out. I know I am no stunner / Michelle Keegan, so can't expect to have Idris Elba / Ryan Reynolds / Channing Tatum, but I know what I want / look for in a guy.

I don't know why it's not happening for you. Maybe it's right under your nose?' Perhaps one of your male friends..
. . .I turn 30 in 2 wks, and I am YET to have a proper relationship. I have been on dates, had FwB situations, but all the guys I date never ever want to progress anything. I have tried online, blind dates, bars, people in the work place, friends of friends, but nothing works.

I don't dress provocatively, I believe I am a fun, bubbly, friendly person with a good personality, woman with career in progression, I'm independent, have my own property. So I don't get where I am going wrong. People tell me someone somewhere will sweep you off your feet . . they've been saying that for the past 10 years, and I am still no further forward.

So ladies I want to know what is the 'nack' to getting a bf / relationship?

A working vagina and a high tolerance for ********.
Original post by cherryred90s
I don't know why it's not happening for you. Maybe it's right under your nose?' Perhaps one of your male friends..

I don't get it either :dontknow: No joke, I have sat and had conversations with myself, trying to suss it out, but I really can't piece it together. Male friends - they're all spoken for. There is one who I do like, but he's got a Mrs (a very protective one @ that), who doesn't like me talking to him (I saw the 'shade' on faceboook when I left a funny / light hearted comment lol. **** got real!) But other than that, there's really is nobody lol
Original post by heineken
A working vagina and a high tolerance for ********.

My pum pum works pretty well, thanks. Tighter than tight too! (Not a bucket crutch)
The vag doesn't interest me (not that way inclined), and I have gay friends, who are lovely :smile: Good laughs.

Pet rabbit? :bunny:
My pum pum works pretty well, thanks. Tighter than tight too! (Not a bucket crutch)

:awesome:
a person is a piece of clay. you have to make them your own. Nobody is perfect! x
Original post by cherryred90s

I met the love of my life on TSR. :awesome:
OP, you sound delightful! I hope you find what you're looking for.

I thought I was the only one :colondollar:
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
OP, you sound delightful! I hope you find what you're looking for.

Thanks.

Really?

Original post by john2054
a person is a piece of clay. you have to make them your own. Nobody is perfect! x

Trying....and failing! Lol

:awesome:

True though! Lol

Pet rabbit? :bunny:

Don't like pets lol
Thanks.

Really?

Trying....and failing! Lol

True though! Lol

Don't like pets lol

Go on Take Me Out?
Go on Take Me Out?

Nah, a bunch of HM egotistical girls. I've applied for First Dates though...
Nah, a bunch of HM egotistical girls. I've applied for First Dates though...

Cool. :biggrin:

Let me know if you get on.

Really hope you find a good guy.

Put yourself out there and it should happen.

Do you want kids out of interest?
. . .I turn 30 in 2 wks, and I am YET to have a proper relationship. I have been on dates, had FwB situations, but all the guys I date never ever want to progress anything. I have tried online, blind dates, bars, people in the work place, friends of friends, but nothing works.

I don't dress provocatively, I believe I am a fun, bubbly, friendly person with a good personality, woman with career in progression, I'm independent, have my own property. So I don't get where I am going wrong. People tell me someone somewhere will sweep you off your feet . . they've been saying that for the past 10 years, and I am still no further forward.

If you're going to wait nothing will change, except your age.

Spoiler

Good luck with trying new things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
'nack'

Is there any cultural significance to this misspelling?

Sounds like you have no problem attracting men, so I'd say it comes down to a few things. I'm just going to throw a few out there, and I'm not judging you.

A) Something about you is unattractive. It could be your appearance or personality, or perhaps both.

B) Your standards are too high.

C) You had chances but never took them up.

D) You're just not meeting the right guys. I would say this is the culprit, given your history of being with men who didn't want commitment; it sounds like you're attracted to the very type of men who you aren't looking for in the long-term.

Not sure what else to suggest other than to keep living your life and putting yourself out there. The right guy should come along eventually (and I know this is frustrating to read). If you are the person you say you are, might be just a case of you not finding love as easily as others.

Latest