The Student Room Group

First tattoo tomorrow, any help?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by trapking
depends where you get it done...

generally places with lots of nerve endings will hurt a lot but places with less nerve endings won't hurt at all :biggrin:

Thank you
What's the most painful place to get a body piercing? In your opinion?
Original post by AthiaKarim
Really?

That's what I think, at least.

But I only pierced my septum, and my ears (conch, stretched lobes, helixes, normal lobes).
My tattoo covers my entire front thigh, and stretches a wee bit to both sides as well.
So yes, I find body piercings to be a lot worse.
Original post by suhwaki
That's what I think, at least.

But I only pierced my septum, and my ears (conch, stretched lobes, helixes, normal lobes).
My tattoo covers my entire front thigh, and stretches a wee bit to both sides as well.
So yes, I find body piercings to be a lot worse.

Wow that's a big tattoo! What's if off? If you don't mind me asking
Thank you
What's the most painful place to get a body piercing? In your opinion?

Ermmmmm probably where the sun doesn't shine if you catch my drift.. :rofl:

I've only ever got 1 of my ears pierced when I was younger but don't have any other body piercings although I would imagine getting your stomach pierced or tongue might be painful.... :cry2:
Ermmmmm probably where the sun doesn't shine if you catch my drift.. :rofl:

I've only ever got 1 of my ears pierced when I was younger but don't have any other body piercings although I would imagine getting your stomach pierced or tongue might be painful.... :cry2:

Lmao say no more!
And I don't understand how people get their tongues pierced! Looks cool but just flipping kill!

I had to get my ears done several time and it was so painful! It hurt for weeks.
(Had to take them out due to swimming before lol)
Wow that's a big tattoo! What's if off? If you don't mind me asking

It's not coloured, though! I wanted it to be as clean and neat as possible, while still having great detail. I enjoy simple tattoos, preferably blackwork. The best part is that it's a custom piece, drawn in the studio as part of the session! Woho.
Here's an image by the tattoo artist, taken right after we were done.
https://www.instagram.com/p/-8z6mTsI6x/
Lmao say no more!
And I don't understand how people get their tongues pierced! Looks cool but just flipping kill!

I had to get my ears done several time and it was so painful! It hurt for weeks.
(Had to take them out due to swimming before lol)

Is it weird I sometimes feel like ripping those little tongue piercing balls when people stick their tongues out lmao

Owww that gave me shivers....poor you :frown:

How did you survive the pain? Did you not have to leave them in your ear or else it closes up?
which part are you getting it done on?

it won't really hurt that much.....i have a small one on my chest that one hurt like a bitch (more when he did close to the edges of my pectorial because of nerve endings) but it wasn't "unbearable" pain :tongue:

In kinda the same position in the photo, but further across between the side and the spine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by suhwaki
It's not coloured, though! I wanted it to be as clean and neat as possible, while still having great detail. I enjoy simple tattoos, preferably blackwork. The best part is that it's a custom piece, drawn in the studio as part of the session! Woho.

wait why do you have a goat on your thigh....?
Original post by AdorableDrip
In kinda the same position in the photo, but further across between the side and the spine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh **** yeah that's gonna hurt especially if it's close to the actual bone! :lol:
oh **** yeah that's gonna hurt especially if it's close to the actual bone! :lol:

It's not really near to the spine, just between. Loads of people said it won't really hurt there 😩🙄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it weird I sometimes feel like ripping those little tongue piercing balls when people stick their tongues out lmao

Owww that gave me shivers....poor you :frown:

How did you survive the pain? Did you not have to leave them in your ear or else it closes up?

Lmaooooooo omggggg why did I just visualise that!! That would be so disgusting lol! Eww

And yeah, it hurt a lot, but I'm a tough cookie. I remember the left side hurt more for some reason :/ and I had to keep them in for some weeks but the pain soon faded so it was ok :smile:
Original post by suhwaki

Wow that's soooo cool! Any particular reason for having the ram tatted on your thigh? Symbolism?
wait why do you have a goat on your thigh....?
Wow that's soooo cool! Any particular reason for having the ram tatted on your thigh? Symbolism?

It's a ram, really.
For no other reason than that I like the animal, and since I had a say in the design, I find my tattoo to be aesthetically pleasing.
If you're looking for a deeper meaning or sentimental value, I'm afraid there is none. My mom and dad joke about it being my star sign as well, though.
:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Lmaooooooo omggggg why did I just visualise that!! That would be so disgusting lol! Eww

And yeah, it hurt a lot, but I'm a tough cookie. I remember the left side hurt more for some reason :/ and I had to keep them in for some weeks but the pain soon faded so it was ok :smile:

:lol:

Athia "Rocky" Karim, I like that....tough cooookie :biggrin:
Original post by suhwaki
It's a ram, really.
For no other reason than that I like the animal, and since I had a say in the design, I find my tattoo to be aesthetically pleasing.
If you're looking for a deeper meaning or sentimental value, I'm afraid there is none. My mom and dad joke about it being my star sign as well, though.
:smile:

You're pretty random and cool :smile:
Lol :tongue:
:lol:

Athia "Rocky" Karim, I like that....tough cooookie :biggrin:

Wanted to rep this but it says I can't
Wanted to rep this but it says I can't

Thank you

Just relax! This should be an enjoyable process, and a great story to tell in the future. Have fun with your tattoo session! :smile:
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1455900161.395920.jpg all done ImageUploadedByStudent Room1455900171.101430.jpg I can honestly say I've felt worse pain stubbing my toe or getting a paper cut!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest