The Student Room Group

drugs and partying

okay so i actually have 2 questions
1) do the students in oxford take drugs?
2) do the students of oxford go night clubbing?
Reply 1
Original post by sophia315

so innocent :argh: :tongue:

1) What all of them? Some will, some won't. I'd say drugs are more prevalent among students than other age groups. They'll always be around the campus, although you and your friends may not come into contact with them, like many things, it's really your choice whether you come into contact with them or not.

You might be offered / have friends that use them if you go to (what I would call) a rave, i.e. any dance music party, but I doubt you'll come into contact with them on a regular night / student night out.

2) Lots will I presume, some won't.
Reply 2
very few of them ...
some of them ...
Reply 3
Original post by Tom78
so innocent :argh: :tongue:

1) What all of them? Some will, some won't. I'd say drugs are more prevalent among students than other age groups. They'll always be around the campus, although you and your friends may not come into contact with them, like many things, it's really your choice whether you come into contact with them or not.

You might be offered / have friends that use them if you go to (what I would call) a rave, i.e. any dance music party, but I doubt you'll come into contact with them on a regular night / student night out.

2) Lots will I presume, some won't.

If you go to Oxford could you send me some Pictures of the campus please I've looked everywhere but I can't find any.
Reply 4
If you go to Oxford could you send me some Pictures of the campus please I've looked everywhere but I can't find any.

If I went to Oxford I'd be in the cabinet or something lol. No, I go to like the third rated uni in Birmingham.
Reply 5
One of the student newspapers did a survey of student drug use at Oxford, which found that over 40% of those surveyed claimed to have taken weed in the last year. That figure should be taken with a pinch of salt (and that's a 'Maddy Hill making a Paris–Brest' pinch of salt) as the respondents were self-selecting. I'm also not convinced that most Oxford students are even infrequent smokers. The survey also doesn't ask if the drugs were taken in Oxford, so maybe all that cannabis is being enjoyed legally in Colorado during the vacation....

As far as photos of the University goes, you won't find pictures of the "campus" because Oxford isn't a campus university. The colleges (which you could imagine as micro-campuses, and have accommodation and small-group teaching facilities) and departments are spread out across the city. There's an overhead map of the city with lots of photo links (many of them panoramic) available here. I think there's also a list of links somewhere to take you to individual college tours, lots of which have links posted on a college map rather than the low-res google maps overview (see Merton's, for example). If there are specific colleges you're interested in, I'd recommend going to the college websites to see if they have a virtual tour among their admissions material.

Yes and yes.
Yupp. You'll take drugs you've never even heard of
Reply 8
Of course go to Oxford and you'll find plenty of drugs and clubs just like anywhere else really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending