The Student Room Group

Hijab/Niqab/Burka at interviews

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HAnwar
It is compulsory to cover the head in Islam.

I don't believe that it is compulsory. The main idea is modesty and that doesn't necessarily mean covering your hair.
Original post by Leukocyte
Oh, sure you do mate. Carry on googling images.

you okay, buddy? you seem stressed
Original post by AccountingBabe
The problem lies in that if a Muslim can wear that then a non Muslim should be allowed to choose to wear flip flops because they have bunions or w/e due to medical reasons but there is no way in hell that would happen. They wouldn't be taken seriously just like a person wearing something on their head won't be taken seriously by some.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think comparing medical reasons to religious reasons is appropriate. Medical reasons are beyond our control, whereas religious garments are an expression of faith.
I would get the job and probably overtake them in a few years....

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahahah, righty-o, my dear. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Josb
How do I know?

Well next time try not to be a big head and say they will tell you to "remove it".
Original post by sleepysnooze
you okay, buddy? you seem stressed

Nah I'm fine thanks.
You feel sleepy, eh?
Reply 86
Original post by alana_p
Youre not giving 'constructive criticism' youre spreading hate. If you wanted to give it you would be asking people with experience if they feel that wearing it has had an impact, not constantly saying that it's unprofessional. 'Everyone' knows this...as ive said, never heard about it pal, so it certainly isn't 'everyone'. What if the person interviewing you for a big top notch, well paying, dream job was wearing a hijab, what would you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://emilypost.com/advice/hats-off-hat-etiquette-for-everyone/
Original post by fire_and_ice
I don't think comparing medical reasons to religious reasons is appropriate. Medical reasons are beyond our control, whereas religious garments are an expression of faith.

That's exactly my point though.... Two people applying for a job and one has to wear flip flops due to medical reasons and the other is normal and they both are level on experience and education who do you think they will choose??

Muslims shouldn't be allowed to wear unprofessional attire when others aren't allowed to do the same without ridicule.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Well next time try not to be a big head and say they will tell you to "remove it".

What kind of job it is?
Nah I'm fine thanks.
You feel sleepy, eh?

yeah kinda - energy drinks are helping out though

Aye well it's all good being like "here! All of these other people know about it!" But i dont and a lot of other people dont.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
That's exactly my point though.... Two people applying for a job and one has to wear flip flops due to medical reasons and the other is normal and they both are level on experience and education who do you think they will choose??

Muslims shouldn't be allowed to wear unprofessional attire when others aren't allowed to do the same without ridicule.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly. The fact that some people cannot comprehend that is beyond me.
Reply 92
Original post by alana_p
Aye well it's all good being like "here! All of these other people know about it!" But i dont and a lot of other people dont.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you have had a proper education, you should have heard about it.
Original post by alana_p

Posted from TSR Mobile

You probably haven't been in a professional position before then or done any research on interview etiquette.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Josb
What kind of job it is?

I work at the hospital (part-time) to teach the young kids who are in the Oncology ward.
I work at the hospital (part-time) to teach the young kids who are in the Oncology ward.

....ok that's not even a professional attire business but ok....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Josb
If you have had a proper education, you should have heard about it.

What education did you have, mate? My school must of not been updated that the curriculum teaches hatred. I think youve went to a pooey school (sorry, is that vulgar offensive for you as well) if they force opinions down your throat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
....ok that's not even a professional attire business but ok....

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow you sheep.
wow you sheep.

Baa

Posted from TSR Mobile
You probably haven't been in a professional position before then or done any research on interview etiquette.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you have I'm assuming? Must be a bit sh-t that youve had more years than me wondering about the earth and you're very close minded to if you can see someones luscious locks or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending