The Student Room Group

Social Justice Warriors vs Social Justice Warriors Pt 2

Anti-racism campaigner 'stopped from speaking at NUS event' over 'Islamophobia' claims

Hope Not Hate director Nick Lowles says NUS Black Students blocked his invitation to anti-racism conference but NUS president says she would ‘happily share platform’

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2016/feb/18/anti-racism-campaigner-stopped-speaking-nus-islamophobia-claims
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/02/18/nick-lowles-hope-not-hate-nus-ban-talk-islamophobic-_n_9263068.html

The NUS has a colourful history of attempting to no-platform speakers. Most recently, gay rights campaigner Peter Tatchell was branded "transphobic" by an NUS officer, who refused to speak at an event with Tatchell.

However when it emerged Jihadi John sympathisers were speaking on university campuses, the NUS refused to address the issue. The union also voted against condemning Isis as it would be "Islamophobic" to do so. The union recently condemned its own president for breaking an Israel goods boycott by fraternising with Coca Cola - as the NUS says it operates factories in illegal Israeli settlements.
(edited 8 years ago)
The NUS is a ****ing joke.

This says it all really : "I’m Islamophobic because I have repeatedly spoken out against grooming and dared condemn Islamist extremism.

Source: TheGuardian.

It's better to debate ideas rather than silence them.
Original post by TheProblem
These Jewish anti-racist social justice warriors tell you White people that you're fascist to oppose mass immigration pushed by them to destroy White people

Yet they have Israel, a JEWISH state with immigration based on Jewish ethnic purity. They are robbing you of your homeland, while they gained theirs. They are the driving force behind multiculturalism in the Western world.

No they are not

Almost the same proportion of Jews in France voted for Front National as the main population

Also, Israelis are not 'ethnically pure Jews' - Jewish emigrants from Europe have a lot of European blood. There has been a lot of intermarriage between Jews and Europeans.

Original post by Ante Bellum
The NUS is a ****ing joke.

This says it all really : "I’m Islamophobic because I have repeatedly spoken out against grooming and dared condemn Islamist extremism.

Source: TheGuardian.

It's better to debate ideas rather than silence them.

But debating ideas violates my safe space! Stop violating me with your words!
(edited 8 years ago)
The NUS has been a joke for years and it's scary to think that some of our brightest youngsters actually believe this pathetic organisation has anything worthwhile to contribute to society.
The NUS doing what they do best, **** all.

*Jazz Hands*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending