The Student Room Group

What grades do you need to get into Oxbridge?

Scroll to see replies

GCSEs are not that important but obviously taken into consideration.

You will probably need three A* grades at A Level.

I think the interview process is the most important part. They want to see an 'Oxbridge' type.

Many highly intelligent people with A*s end up going to places like Durham or Warwick because they couldn't dazzle the Oxbridge interviewer.

You need to have a great interview and personal statement. Show your passion for your subject. Show that you are very well read and interested in the world. Have hobbies. Maybe do something to set you apart e.g. write a short story. Making yourself stand out is important.

This is what I've heard. :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by stefano865

I think the interview process is the most important part. They want to see an 'Oxbridge' type.

Yes, it's an important, but not necessarily the most important, part. They take all elements into consideration holistically, not one more than the other.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Yes, it's an important, but not necessarily the most important, part. They take all elements into consideration holistically, not one more than the other.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok. :smile:
Original post by jneill
No. The Cambridge admissions tutors have said many times that the interview is no more or less important than other parts of the application. They take everything into consideration.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which college are you at? Maybe it differs from college to college. What I mean by grades aren't that important is that they're not the distinguishing feature. Everyone who's applying pretty much has A*AA or higher. You won't be exceptional if you have all A*s...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending