The Student Room Group

Have you ever been romatically interested in someone who has broke up with their S/O?

And has that person reciprocated those feelings?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No

You're welcome for the input :cute:
Reply 2
Original post by Alexion
No

You're welcome for the input :cute:

To the first or second part?
Reply 3
Original post by BatmanRH
To the first or second part?

Both, and I'm sorry, I'd have hoped some serious answers would follow :/
Reply 4
Original post by Alexion
Both, and I'm sorry, I'd have hoped some serious answers would follow :/

Ah well, maybe later.
Yes! and it sucks!!
my best friend and her bf broke up a few months ago (going out for 3 years) and I like him a lot! Since we went to school together we got quite close and that's when I started liking him (obviously I couldn't say anything back then). still haven't had the guts to tell him because he just sees me as a friend. It sucks even more because I met him today before he went back to uni and I had the chance to tell him but I couldn't :/
s/o?
Reply 7
Original post by thefatone
s/o?

significant other
significant other

oh alright, i thought it meant sister.... i'm a weird guy
Yes and yes but his feelings were not as strong for me as mine for him, as sadly (for me) he got back with his ex in a flash

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by tinkerbelle2
Yes and yes but his feelings were not as strong for me as mine for him, as sadly (for me) he got back with his ex in a flash

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah that's a shame
And has that person reciprocated those feelings?

Yes he was emotionally unavailable. I wouldn't date someone who's just come out of a relationship again tbh.
Reply 12
Original post by phunky_fresh
Yes he was emotionally unavailable. I wouldn't date someone who's just come out of a relationship again tbh.

What happened?
What happened?

Oops I meant to say he wasn't emotionally avaliable. He was still getting over his ex and wasn't ready for a relationship although he tried to convince me it was oherwise.
(edited 8 years ago)
No, I don't want to be a "rebound". :smile:
Yes actually and he ended up in his own words 'in love with me' I was shocked tbh when it all started I was like meh I'm a rebound this is shitty but I had low self esteem at the time and just needed to get away from stressful reality of life at that point so dived right in with him and clearly worked out better than expected
Yes. Things started just before the breakup (homewrecker), they broke up a few days later, took things really slow for a while but gradually things picked up and have worked out really well.
Surely most people would, given that most people will have broken up with someone before they settle down.
Reply 18
Original post by Little Popcorns
Yes actually and he ended up in his own words 'in love with me' I was shocked tbh when it all started I was like meh I'm a rebound this is shitty but I had low self esteem at the time and just needed to get away from stressful reality of life at that point so dived right in with him and clearly worked out better than expected

Being the rebound is something i'm wary of atm
Reply 19
Original post by dean01234
Yes. Things started just before the breakup (homewrecker), they broke up a few days later, took things really slow for a while but gradually things picked up and have worked out really well.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending