The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by smile43
Anyone have any tips for AQA biology revision im struggling ? Thanks :smile:

Hey, have you tried "Mr.Pollock biology" videos on yt? He explains things quite well and it's really simple to understand. ^-^ Maybe you could watch them to build a basic understanding of the concepts before making notes/memorising stuff? :smile:
Reply 481
Original post by benj1999
Hey! Wait i feel like this is really helpful, and will motivate me more to revise, but i'm kinda confused as to what this is, like the times etc confuse me.. Can someone please try and explain how this works? Thanks!!

Here is an explanation!

Original post by Anon_98

Sorry about the confusion. - of course I can. :smile: Those timings are to indicate to everyone that they should post their targets they'd like to complete within that session then log off. Roughly 1 hour to 1 and a half hours after the timing has been posted everyone returns back onto the thread and posts their achievements. Then a half an hour break is issued and the cycle repeats until the day is over. It's also just to remind everyone of the group revision that's taking place and to keep up the motivation kinda thing.

Does this make sense to you? :h: If not, would you like me to tag you for one cycle so you hopefully get the idea?
Original post by electric33
Hi!

Just discovered this thread last night but it was when the last session was :frown:. This is an awesome idea and it's a really good booster for motivation which I really struggle with :biggrin:.

For the next hour, I will be doing psychology - writing evaluation notes for the studies I have done in social and cognitive psychology.

Just completed one of the two studies of the social psychology notes - since I realised I had to write out much more than expected I didn't realise it would take this long. Will take a short break and then will continue with the second study for another hour :smile:
Short Update:

I am halfway into typing up my notes for the Cold War for History.
I couldn't post about how my last session at 9pm or something went because I logged out, but I finished quotes and one bio sheet. I couldn't do the set work because I got a headache, so I just ate then went to sleep :erm:

I'll be joining the next session (a bit late, though) and I'll do the set work I was supposed to do yesterday, then get a start on history.
Just marked a Chemistry A2 edexcel past paper. I'm doing terribly. Damn titration curves and practical questions. Anyone got any tips. I really need an A.
Reply 486
:work: 10:30am. :work:
~Logging out time!~

Memorising unit 2 Chemistry.
Reply 487
I managed to do all the Thermal Physics section and Vibrations and began doing fields. My revision went into a decline after about 1hr 15mins. It was quite possibly one of the best morning revision session ive actually had. I normally cant revise very well in the morning! Thanks Anon!
Original post by Jamie Vardy
Is it possible to do two entire units in one day? (And retain everything thereafter?)

It took me around 10 hours but I did it. I then completed an exam and I scored 62/75 so it wasn't too bad.
I think i understand it now! When's the next session? I shall join :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
time to start more chem :tongue:
I have finally finished typing up my notes for History. I'm going to take an hour break now and another one for lunch before doing my History, Maths and Biology homework. Then I urgently need to tidy my room :dry: .
Reply 492
Starting an hour session of C3 maths revision :banana2:
I'm gonna make some AS business unit 2 flashcard for one hour, hopefully i can get about 3 chapters done

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 494
Almost finished a section of c1.3 extracting copper revision shall commence again at 11:00
Reply 495
Original post by donte
I managed to do all the Thermal Physics section and Vibrations and began doing fields. My revision went into a decline after about 1hr 15mins. It was quite possibly one of the best morning revision session ive actually had. I normally cant revise very well in the morning! Thanks Anon!

I am honestly so glad to hear that! :five:
done the 2012 chem write ups, going for a break :tongue: will be back after lunch :biggrin:
Reply 497
Original post by benj1999
I think i understand it now! When's the next session? I shall join :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh good, 12:30pm. :h:
Reply 498
I have just completed all of the alkenes section, carbocation stability, practiced quite a few mechanisms, have also memorised most of the definitions in energetics as well as practicing a few calculations. Still a long way to go until I've finished the unit though, :sad: will continue with this in the next block at 12:30pm.
I still haven't started history - that's my priority for the next revision session.

Latest

Trending

Trending