The Student Room Group

Middlesex uni Admission test!?!?

Hi guys,

So i need advice and some support/insight..
Im going to a middlesex university math and english test for Adult Nursing course that ive applied for.
I really need to know if anyones been to the test based on adult nursing and I need to know what topics to revise for maths (I'm not very good). I've actually recently passed my maths gcse but i need to focus on recaping topics to do for middlesex test.

For London South Bank..I went there and took the test however I failed and my choice got withdrawn automatically because the reason was that I did not succeed at the numeracy test. They were all long wordy math questions & I'm not very good with those.. It sucks.. I can't do wordy math q's..not very good..im sure most people don't like it either..

What's Middlesex University's math test like..? What should I revise..? Please help me.. I don't want to go through the same thing as LSBU..it was actually sad for me I want to pass the test I want to go to university but I need to know what to revise..
Thank you so much!
(P.s. English too)
how many marks do i need to pass both math & english?
Also, how much time do we get on each..?
What math topics come up?
I would get right on and revise the topics..!
Thank youu..🖐🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pleeeaaase someone hellpp..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by _aylinyilmazx
Pleeeaaase someone hellpp..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello,

I sat both LSBU and middlesex uni maths and english test. I can reassure you that the middlesex uni test was much easier and straight forward than LSBU.

Middlesex test- maths 30/40 questions to pass and literacy was 20/30 to pass.

Bring a scientific calculator to allow you to go through the questions faster as theres 40 multiple choice questions (answer is in your face).

Revise percentages, ratio, bodmas etc. and how to convert L to ML etc. There was only one or two wordy questions out of 40 so nothing like lsbu. Also as you have a calculator and its multiple choice its much easier. Just be weary of time because the maths and english test is done under 1 hour so 30 minutes each.
Original post by nkoran
Hello,

I sat both LSBU and middlesex uni maths and english test. I can reassure you that the middlesex uni test was much easier and straight forward than LSBU.

Middlesex test- maths 30/40 questions to pass and literacy was 20/30 to pass.

Bring a scientific calculator to allow you to go through the questions faster as theres 40 multiple choice questions (answer is in your face).

Revise percentages, ratio, bodmas etc. and how to convert L to ML etc. There was only one or two wordy questions out of 40 so nothing like lsbu. Also as you have a calculator and its multiple choice its much easier. Just be weary of time because the maths and english test is done under 1 hour so 30 minutes each.

Hiii thank you so much !!
Yeah i know lsbu i failed..cause they were all wordy.
& you said maths i need 30/40 to pass?! Isn't that likely to fail..or are the questions really easy to get marks..?
Thank youu:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
& you said maths i need 30/40 to pass?! Isn't that likely to fail..or are the questions really easy to get marks..?

Posted from TSR Mobile

&& sorry, have you passed it?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5

Posted from TSR Mobile

No its a good pass mark as some questions were fairly easy, calculator allowed and multiple choice. However do revise bitesize and bbc web to build your confidence.
Original post by nkoran
No its a good pass mark as some questions were fairly easy, calculator allowed and multiple choice. However do revise bitesize and bbc web to build your confidence.

Thank you..
So you said I'd need to revise Ratio..Percentages (decrease & Increase etc)..Converting M/L/ML/Grams/KG etc.. And of course basic maths + - / x
Right..?
Thank you:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending