The Student Room Group

Lending a brand new book to someone which I will never do again!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Im still waiting for my 2nd Percy Jackson Series to come back to me after lending it to a friend.. 4 years has past and I'm still waiting... My bookshelf looks so weird without the 2nd installment.

However, I love when my books are a little bit trashy cause it shows I've brought it everywhere I go. If it's too neat, it looks as though I cared too much about the aesthetics of the book rather than the story of the book itself and that's not the point of owning a book!

You should ask your friend to return it 4 years is taking the piss.
I gave a colleague a brand new book which I have not yet read to borrow and it came back all used and dog eared.
I'm the one who should be making it trashy not my colleague.
I don't care if I made my books trashy because it was me that done it but when a little tramp does it shows I should never lend my book to anyone.
Original post by chikane
You should ask your friend to return it 4 years is taking the piss.
I gave a colleague a brand new book which I have not yet read to borrow and it came back all used and dog eared.
I'm the one who should be making it trashy not my colleague.
I don't care if I made my books trashy because it was me that done it but when a little tramp does it shows I should never lend my book to anyone.

Yeah, I'm going to text her now in fact!

Yeah, its your property so they should ruin it. I understand that!
Reply 42
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Yeah, I'm going to text her now in fact!

Yeah, its your property so they should ruin it. I understand that!

Did she reply back? Yes i don't mind used books but i was stupid to give her a brand new book without me reading it first.
Original post by chikane
Did she reply back? Yes i don't mind used books but i was stupid to give her a brand new book without me reading it first.

You know something, I have been so busy with uni stuff I completely forgot to do it when I sent the message I believe I was in a lecture aha!

Imma do it right now since it's Saturday!

Oh yeah, I've never given a book away before me reading it! I have given books away to ones I detest or I have other editions to it though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending